How 2 report spam that's using my email address?

wombat

Who are you reporting to that would take action against a forged From: address? This is a SpamCop support Forum, and if you use the SpamCop tool-set, where did you miss that SpamCop works on the IP address of the spam source, not e-mail addresses?

I'm not using the SpamCop toolset. I'm just a new and probably occasional user of SpamCop so I am only being cautious.

As with most e-mail users I have little time to devote to technical issues and I run Macs so I have had very few security issues in 20 years. I just want to make sure my e-mail address won't accidentally be misconstrued as an identifier for the spam culprit if I submit the spam message that is forging my "From: address". The form for submission is automated. Once a mistake is made it would be a royal pain to undo...far worse than the odd spam message.

Can you point me to where I can verify that SpamCop ignores the e-mail address? Thanks very much!

It is absolutely everywhere.

It looks like you have not read anything.

Start with the read before posting sections.

Also it is apparent that you did not read the rules when you registered your SpamCop account. They are there for a reason and they are required reading!!

If you have to be spoon fed Rules - everybody read! :

I run Macs so I have had very few security issues in 20 years

I was going to take exception to that, but .... dang, it has been about that long, huh? Have one of the originals downstairs in a box with a bad keyboard ... was at a yardsale last week-end, and a woman was almost to the tears thing over having to cart a system back home, just amazed that no one wanted it .. so she made me an offer to take it for $5 USD .... not sure what I'm really going to do with a MacSE, but then she brought out the "portable" carrying case which held all the manuals, floppies, etc .... about the only thing not there were the case-cracking tools <g> .... maybe some collector's dream? .... guess I should unpack it and see just what's on it ...

The message I receive is a legitimate spam - it is soliciting me to click on their URL (so they can confirm my address).

Anyway, it looks like SpamCop is not geared for me like me. Sorry to trouble you guys. Gotta go. Good luck with your efforts.

As for Macs - the one I'm using is 8 years old and runs just fine. It even has FireWire drives and WiFi. The only tool you need to open the SE is a long screwdriver with a TORX bit of the right size at the end.

Archived