SenderBase Average

StevenUnderwood

I have always wondered a: how senderbase calculates their "average" and b: how instantaneous that number is.

As a paid reporter, I can see the reports made against an IP and the reports stop about 8:30 AM. Of course, spamcops reporting troubles today could come into play here as well. I assumed that those 65000+ messages may have come through after the reset for today and were that much more than an ordinary day to account for the VERY LARGE increase.

I have always wondered a: how senderbase calculates their "average" and b: how instantaneous that number is.

As a paid reporter, I can see the reports made against an IP and the reports stop about 8:30 AM.  Of course, spamcops reporting troubles today could come into play here as well.  I assumed that those 65000+ messages may have come through after the reset for today and were that much more than an ordinary day to account for the VERY LARGE increase.

18077[/snapback]

If Senderbase has access to certain counts on some of the BL's that kept a record of all hits for each IP addy that was checked then it would be able to keep some very good averages.

Archived