how to make contact text only

I have an entry in my addressbook that I can only send to by text only format

and I was wondering if there was any way that I can make it so if I send

anything to that contact in my addressbook the default format will be text only

?

Thank you

Anthony

Are you talking about "your" address book and "your" e-mail application or are you talking about the use of the web-mail interface to your SpamCop e-mail account? I'm kind of surprised that the "default" would be anything other than plain text ...???? But then again, this side of the house is using Horde ... hold on until one of the e-mail account users show up .. but one would thik that if there's an option, it'd at least be something available under Options/Preferences/Something like that ..??

I sent myself a test but I believe the webmail app is text only with no html option. I will respond in a few hours when I get to work.

P.S. Messages sent from webmail show up with

Content-Type:  text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1"
. Looking at the Message Composition options, I see nothing that would change that.

I send a few messages from the web based email and it seems that it is only text based and not html as none of the links I pasted into messages come across as links they come across as plain text.

Is this the case or am I doing something wrong ?

I can only use the web based mail as I am borrowing my father's cable internet and they will not allow sending other than their own users, all other outgoing servers are blocked.

If the web mail is text only, it is totally uselss to me and I would like to find out how to get a refund since messages to spamcop have gone unanswered

Tony

I send a few messages from the web based email and it seems that it is only text based and not html as none of the links I pasted into messages come across as links they come across as plain text.

I can only use the web based mail as I am borrowing my father's cable internet and they will not allow sending other than their own users, all other outgoing servers are blocked.

If the web mail is text only, it is totally uselss to me and I would like to find out how to get a refund since messages to spamcop have gone unanswered

Tony

18937[/snapback]

IMHO html is for a browser and text is for email.

I have no idea why people use html in email, it is totally useless.

Like I said it is just my opinion.

Confusing as this is exactly the opposite of your first query.

At this point, I'm not going to try to guess. Your flip on the desired action, lack of response to any input offered thus far, the starting of a new Topic instead of continuing on in the one you previously started ... I've not a clue what you might be doing ...

Totally useless? That's a bit odd, actually. E-mail is e-mail. Providing links in plain text would still provide the same data, just not as a clickable link ... the receiving user can simply cut/copy & paste the data into his/her browser and end up at the same spot. Quite in contrast to your position, I've cut myself off from various newsletters and such simply because those folks went to providing only HTML encrusted garbage.

Refunds are available, but you'll have to so the work. Contact points exist in the FAQ. You'll have to provide sufficient data to be able to identify the account, person, address, etc.

The "unanswered" remark disturbs me. There were plenty of remarks offered in your original Topic. PM is being sent to advise you of the Merging of your last started Topic and to apparently point you back to your first Topic and all those "not seen" responses.

Archived