Jump to content

Why isn't 163.com, which is only used for spamming, not on every blacklist?


smblion
 Share

Recommended Posts

According to this blacklist lookup tool: https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=blacklist%3a163.com&run=toolpage the domain 163.com which as far as I can tell exists only to send spam, is not blacklisted by anyone. But they send tons of spam, every day.

Why aren't they blacklisted?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Lking said:

Well for starters, the SpamCop Block list, blocks IP addresses, not domain name. I have no clue about mxtoolbox or their lookup tool.

I suppose I should have explicitly said as much, but my question isn't specifically about Spamcop. I only asked it here because I thought I might find experts on the subject, and I couldn't think of a more appropriate place to ask.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, smblion said:

I suppose I should have explicitly said as much, but my question isn't specifically about Spamcop. I only asked it here because I thought I might find experts on the subject, and I couldn't think of a more appropriate place to ask.

Would help if you gave a SpamCop URL track for better advice

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, smblion said:

But they send tons of spam, every day.

Why aren't they blacklisted?

smblion,

I have not seen spam from 163.com in a long while.  I thought that spammer had given up from being on the block list.  It appears that my persistence with reporting every single spam has worked as they no longer send me spam.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, gnarlymarley said:

smblion,

I have not seen spam from 163.com in a long while.  I thought that spammer had given up from being on the block list.  It appears that my persistence with reporting every single spam has worked as they no longer send me spam.

I think SpamCop has fixed the rubbish abuse address it once gave? Need to see a tracking URL

Edited by petzl
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/13/2018 at 1:46 PM, petzl said:

I think SpamCop has fixed the rubbish abuse address it once gave? Need to see a tracking URL

Ah ha.  I found out why I do not have any 163.com spam.  Apparently they are being blocked at my border.  They are either not using a proper HELO, or are apparently spoofing the 163.com domain.  It would appear that whomever is trying this is not inline with the SPF 163.com policy.  Probably means that it is not 163.com that is spamming, but some other scammer who is abusing it.  In any case, it seems to be blocking any of the stuff from reaching my inbox.

2016-12-07 03:33:34 H=(XL-20141217AHYY) [119.141.25.44] F=<ydhknr[at]x.net> rejected RCPT <jijing667[at]163.com>: HELO should be Fully Qualified Domain Name. Please contact your ISP.
2016-12-07 03:33:35 H=(XL-20141217AHYY) [119.141.25.44] F=<ydhknr[at]x.net> rejected RCPT <jijing667[at]163.com>: HELO should be Fully Qualified Domain Name. Please contact your ISP.
....
2018-10-16 08:13:39 H=(163.com) [58.248.4.136] F=<top_textile[at]163.com> rejected RCPT <x[at]x.com>: SPF check failed.
2018-10-16 08:13:39 H=(163.com) [58.248.4.136] F=<top_textile[at]163.com> rejected RCPT <x[at]x.net>: SPF check failed.

 

Edited by gnarlymarley
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...