remarks: * including spam, please send email to: *

remarks: * *

remarks: * osytao[at]yahoo.com *

remarks: * techsupport[at]timasy.com *

remarks: * *

remarks: *************************************************************

This is regarding spam with the tracking URL:

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z692389889zcc...200409bde48725z

I'm still believing that Ellen / RW / etc. still want these items to be brought up over in spamcop.routing newsgroup. Not to say that the post won't be seem here, but ....

Checked abuse.net, these folks haven't refistered there. That the additional address is offered in some extra comments is neat, it sure doesn't help the the automated look-ups at all .... but that's always part of the ever-changing scheme of things .. if the multiplying pool of WHOIS servers would actually choose and follow a bit of standards, this Technical Contact would be so identified in the WHOIS look-up you (or anyone else) did ... I'm not even sure at this point if the record means that Intelsat has washed away all responsibility of this block or not ....

Ahh... Ok. I was of the impression that all of the reporting-side contacts had migrated here.. *sigh* This is one of those times where I wish things were a little clearer as to what gets put where. I'll notify Ellen over in .routing.

Thanks.

The vast majority of the newsgroup folks have not made the transition to this web-based thing. The Deputies do drop in every now and then, but basically, don't "expect" that to happen. If one were to pick on Ellen for instance, she still admits that thi splace is basically only looked at after catching u on her e-mail, scanning the newsgroups ... and from many of her posts, she admits that she'd not read the whole Topic, sometimes repeating information already provided, assumedly in the postings she didn't look at ...

The over-ride of a reporting address / range is one of those geeky/technical issues .. and the spamcop.routing newsgroup was specifically set-up for that issue. The theory is that not only would a re-reouting request be made there, but the justification for the different address would be offered in the requet. Presumption made that if someone could do that type of research, then NNTP shouldn't be an issue. From the Deputies standpoint, it's much better to have one subject item located in the place set aside for it ...

Well I do try to get over here once a day altho sometimes I don't make it.

When the routing requests are all in the newsgroups then the responses I make (and those of you who frequent over there will notice that I hardly ever snip the original request) get archived with all the other mail I answer and can be searched/sorted. This makes it very useful when questions arise about an IP or IP range. It also makes it easy for Don/Richard/etc to see why or if a routing has been changed and get more information than what shows up during a parse.

So yes routing is a newsgroup function altho very occasionally I will do a reroute based on something here if iI see it and if I have time and if it is fairly trivial (from a research and archive point of view).

Archived