is there something wrong @ spamcop?

alphabetaguy

I normally receive 25-50 emails per hour (thank God for spamcop!) however since noon today, I've only received one. I'm thinking something must be wrong at spamcop.

I've a yahoo hosted account forwarded to spamcop which everything gets held until I release to another yahoo hosted account.

Is anyone else having trouble today? Is there any way to verify that there is a problem?

Thanks

Nothing noted over in the newsgroups ... and if hosed since noon, one would think there'd be more than just your post asking about it. So, what have you done to analyze the issue thus far? Are both Yahoo accounts alive? As there are several ways to "look" at your SpamCop E-mail account contents, which ones have you tried? Have you sent any test e-mails on your own to / from any / all of these accounts to see where the "assumed" hold-up is occuring?

I guess that would be one of my questions - how can I track down the problem? Since the Yahoo hosted account is forwarded, there is no way to see it at that bounce (I'm assuming, my bad).

Both Yahoo hosted accounts are still live & I've sent a test email from another provider (comcast) and it hasn't showed in my spamcop account. No modifications have been made by me to any accounts on either side of Yahoo or at spamcop since inception (about a year ago).

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I also just tested sending an email from spamcop to an outside (non-related) email account, the forwarded yahoo account, and the receiving yahoo account. Emails were received by the outside (non-related) account and the receiving yahoo account, but NOT the forwarded account via spamcop.

Well, first of all, turn off the Forwarding then .. that solves one issue.

You made no response as to your SpamCop E-Mail account connection, so I'll specifically ask .. have you set up an IMAP connection so you can "see" what's actually on the server?

Have you sent an e-mail "from the 'dead'" account to the working one?

Have you logged into the www-spamcop.net page to see if you've got a notice about e-mail to your "registered account" (have to make the assumption that this is one of the Yahoo accounts in question) ..??

Have you looked at the FAQ yet?

I also just tested sending an email from spamcop to an outside (non-related) email account, the forwarded yahoo account, and the receiving yahoo account.  Emails were received by the outside (non-related) account and the receiving yahoo account, but NOT the forwarded account via spamcop.

That seems to indicate that there's an issue with the specific Yahoo account.

Archived