Spamcop guys

adrian1

Just wondering how the people that run this find the time? Turetzr, Mr Underwood, Wazoo etc....are you all retired IT folk?....I'm baffled how you find the time to respond to nearly all threads on Spamcop...I assume you're also not even getting paid? :(

...*BLUSH* :) <g>

...Thanks for the kind words!

...Actually, I'm a working IT guy. The reason I'm able to spend as much time in these fora as I do is that, although I have a great deal of work on my plate, most of the time I'm waiting for replies or direction from others before I can proceed with further effort on my current tasks. The major reason I do spend a lot of time here is that I get a rush out of (1) learning more about spam, e-mail and the internet and (2) (more importantly) showing off what I've learned. :D <big g>

And my answer is similiar to Steve T's. I am a working IT guy who until Sarbanes-Oxley auditing started had plenty of time to monitor this place. Now it is only when I get home.

I have always enjoyed helping people, starting with comp.os.vms where I learned a great deal from the people in there. Since then I have always tried to help someone through the internet as I learn. This is just my latest adventure.

Archived