When it report a spam, what sensitive information from reporter is passing or allowing?

Ricardo_63

When it report a spam, what sensitive information from reporter is passing or allowing?

Long time I being noted about strange situations on my webmail bring up attention such as;

Webmail server downfall and took more than 1 week for restoring (enterprise storage array failed into an emergency state) and the other where it caught my attention, becomes after received a few days mail informing to “Threat to your security!” my mail has been hacked.

"Having access to messages, social media accounts, and messengers and gotten full dumps of these data."

The most striking when I saw my password turning received mail to a veracity.

Right away I contacted to webmail support, getting the answers to change immediately and add more complexity to new password, and suggest do not pay or replay to the mail, beyond this is a logic o suppose to do but it seems support doesn’t worry all about this security issues, by make and control an exhaust analysis of the internal security networks and servers virus or whatever compromised basic service and enhance securities issues.

Here is the question;

I being reporting on Spamcop for a long time about each spam mail received, I do not know what is the criteria of spamcop when inform to ISP spam originator when a spam report has been reporter, if attach sensitive information and what data is passing to the complainant.

If so, should take care and given special care because no one will known who is on the other side and if the ISP allows spam catch or know to who reporter the spam mail.

Moreover when neither doesn’t know what and who is behind of the spam by hiding and bad intentions.

I do not know exactly how are handled about criteria and policies but clearly spam doesn’t cease or reduce not stop and the worst thing what kind of information from the reporter are exposed.

Did you see Help with a mail received few times saying my email is hacked

Log in to your SpamCop reporting account and click on the Preferences tab.  Look at spam Munging setting.  By default your email address is hidden in spam reports.

Unfortunately, if the ISP and spammer are working together sending spam reports is futile.  However, reporting all spam does feed information for building the SpamCop Block list witch is used by others to help keep spam out of other's inbox.

20 hours ago, Lking said:

Did you see Help with a mail received few times saying my email is hacked

Log in to your SpamCop reporting account and click on the Preferences tab.  Look at spam Munging setting.  By default your email address is hidden in spam reports.

Unfortunately, if the ISP and spammer are working together sending spam reports is futile.  However, reporting all spam does feed information for building the SpamCop Block list witch is used by others to help keep spam out of other's inbox.

Thanks.

spam Munging setting is set as default

Does make more strange when it being happens to users where have reported spam mail to Spamcop?

Either too Spamcop doesn't call attention?

1 hour ago, Lking said:

Thanks, sorry another issue added  for the related link.

Sorry, there is a problem

You do not have permission to view this content.

Error code: 2F173/H

Ricardo, the "you do not have permission etc. error", USUALLY, occurs if not logged, however, you are as you're posting in the forum & that'd not be possible without logging in.

Here's the info Lking posted:

Quote: "My thought, basses for action, has always been 'that the fact that I got the spam proves they already have my email address'  As a result I have "spam Munging" set to " Leave spam copies intact "  I also have all my email filters turned off.  Have used these settings for years, almost as long as I have used the same email address (~22yrs).  In that time, I have had one DOS attack from India that lasted for two days and one spammer that sent me one very nasty profanity filled email (must have been a slow day at the bot farm).  Bottom line, any one spammer sends out 1,000s of not 1Ms of emails. I have issues but what level of ego is needed to think a spammer will single out my spam report for retribution or even read?  There is no money to be made spending the time to pester me.  The only smart thing to do would be to wash my email off their list because I reported them. But we know Rule #3 is true.

For a long time, I spend about the same amount of time dealing with personal spam.  I spend more time each morning clearing the spam from this forum than I do clearing all my inboxes.

On the other hand, if some poor ISP or email user has had their system compromised or their legitimate, but poorly managed, email list contaminated with my email address, maybe the added information will help clear up the problem.  I have been contacted a few times by naive managers of homeowners groups/email list/newsletters for help.

It is true that although every effort is made to cleans spam reports of your email address, the spammers for some reason hid email addresses in may ways/places." Unquote

http://forum.spamcop.net/topic/31015-email-address-disclosed-in-parsed-reportspam-mungingmole/?tab=comments#comment-125224

The reason Ricardo was having trouble accessing the link is because I had had hidden the thread from general public view ~ for a while NO one could follow the link until I corrected the problem I created.

Sorry to all.

15 hours ago, MIG said:

LKing! 🤣, we should get you to employ such tactics on all the spammers, just make them invisible!

@MIG, he actually does that. It just takes a while (at least for me, since I rise earlier due to time zone location...)

And he does a great job at it :) Chapeau! Thanks LKing!  Namaskaram! 🙏

Archived