WebMail is SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW...

For the last two or so weeks, I have noticed that any action I request through SC WebMail is snail slow. Just logging in to SC WebMail usually takes a minute or more for the server to return the contents of my Inbox. And subsequent refreshes of the Inbox usually takes just as long. I am experiencing these slow response times at both my home and work locations which both have high-speed internet connections.

Anyone else experiencing this slowness?

(Only takes 2 seconds to logoff.)

PP

The only other 'complaint' is by a user that actually states that it's been slow forever, there is no such thing as support, and that the $30 USD is a total ripoff as Julian/Ironport make more money selling our e-mail addresses to spammers .. and that this has been an on-going issue for years. (That rant moved to the Lounge by the way)

There's nothing relevant in the three spamcop newsgroups I monitor (which doesn't include spamcop.mail), nothing 'here' beyond the above mentioned rant .... so, for starters, have you been through the FAQ 'here' yet? Some issues like how large your Folders are, how huge your e-mails actually are .... and as everywhere else this comes up, what about things like ping/trace-route times to see if it's something in between ... one individual was having issues with his geographically assigned Akamai 'local' IP for the www.spamcop.net site ... adding in another IP to his Hosts file allegedly made a world of difference.

The "high-speed" connection really only talks about the connection between you and your ISP ... the rest of the web is dependant on all the other systems involved.

As I might have mentioned in another thread (possibly yours), do you have a large number of messages sitting in your account (possibly your held mail or trash folders)? Do you have filters set to scan messages in all folders (not just the current one)?

The symptoms you describe are typical of having a large trash folder. IMP can scan all messages in all mailboxes and will also scan your trash folder for messages it needs to purge when you first login (which can cause the login to timeout).

I use webmail every day and have experienced no slowdowns at all.

The symptoms you describe are typical of having a large trash folder.

21534[/snapback]

I think that was it. I emptied the trash folder (2300+ items) and set it up to automatically remove trash items older than 2 days (it was setup to use the default of 20 days).

After those changes I saw an immediate improvement in performace. Thanks for heading me in the right direction!

PP

Your welcome...and thank you for responding that the problem is solved.

Many problems are answered with the simple things first, then the more complex things, but if people do not come back to say things are still a problem, those further steps are never given or followed.

Archived