Quick reports influencing bl.spamcop.net?

iixii

Hi,

the help page for the SCBL (unless it's out of date according to the worrying disclaimer) says that user reports are one part of determining if an IP should be included.

Do quick reports count as well, or is this limited to the one-at-a-time reports? I.e, if I go to the Held Email page and quick report all the spam there, will that reinforce their listing in the SCBL? Especially, if a spam was blocked by one of the additional blacklists, will quick reporting result in including the IP in the SCBL (provided my quick report is not the only one)?

This reminds me - in which order are the optional blacklists queried? Is the SCBL always the first one to be checked? In other words, if the Held Email page says "Blocked <some other blacklist>", does this mean that the IP is definitely not (yet) in the SCBL?

Thanks,

Axel

The FAQ would answer some of this ... quick-reporting only goes after the spew source, yes, it counts against the BL. A full-report goes after the spew source and spamvertised links, but (again) only the spew source gets tallied against the BL ....

Your other question about BL order would have been answered sooner had it been posted over in the e-mail forum, I have no doubt. This one I'm not sure if it's in the FAQ or not, but it sure seems like it's been addressed a few times ...

The FAQ would answer some of this ... quick-reporting only goes after the spew source, yes, it counts against the BL.

Well, I carefully checked the FAQ before posting, and I found nothing about whether quick reports update the BL or not. If it does say something about that, it must be really really hard to find...

IIRC, all reports now update the bl. There may be a difference in the weight they have in the algorithym, but that is not published knowledge. At one time mole reports were not included in the bl, but I think they now are.

It may not be in the FAQ because reports to the source are automatically added to the bl - that is the definition of the spamcop bl. Only exceptions would be noted such as, at one time, mole reports and, always, spamvertized sites.

Miss Betsy

Archived