Parser confused about mail sources?

Christine

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z712686810z88...45947d5e6dff62z

The parser traces this to relay.jawnet.pl, then gets confused in the local transfers at jawnet, then completely rejects the transfers from 10.4.211.20 (reserved) and 230.47.59.238 (also reserved). Is this just a long string of internal handoffs leading to the umich servers, or is it some sort of pointless forgery? Shouldn't the parser be able to figure this out?

I'm just confused, but it appears that the source was inside jawnet, so that's where the reports go.

I read it as just some garbage / forged crap to confuse the innocent. The bottom-most line is pure fabrication, those "internal" bounces are pure garbage in the eyes of the parser, again based on the premise that the e-mail never actually "got inside" that network to begin with.

I read it as just some garbage / forged crap to confuse the innocent.  The bottom-most line is pure fabrication, those "internal" bounces are pure garbage in the eyes of the parser, again based on the premise that the e-mail never actually "got inside" that network to begin with.

23111[/snapback]

Okay, I'll buy that. The 127.0.0.1 seemed pretty unlikely, even for a local address. It seems stupid to forge some internal handoffs, but then again, it confused me.

Archived