Trivial question

Delgado

Has anyone else noticed a torrent of crap coming off Sprint.net and Chinanet over the past couple of months? Most of it is illiterate, but written in the same illiterate barely-can-write-english style. Generally it is for the inevitable bogus prescription drugs, penis enlargement pills, bogus software, bogus rolexes, and credit repair scams. I am getting bored with seeing this clanking procession of "sprint.net....chinanet....sprint.net....chinanet" on my spamcop reports. Out of bloody mindedness, and the vague hope that spreading the message may occasionally do some good, I have started reporting to ISPs manually and also forwarding all spam to (when relevant) a variety of the following:

spam[at]uce.gov

webcomplaints[at]ora.fda.gov

drugs[at]interpol.int

piracy[at]symantec.com

piracy[at]microsoft.com

piracy[at]adobe.com

steve.gobin[at]rolex.com

tip[at]macromedia.com

Any additional pressure this can bring to bear on the problem will be worth the effort.

/snip

spam[at]uce.gov

webcomplaints[at]ora.fda.gov

drugs[at]interpol.int

piracy[at]symantec.com

piracy[at]microsoft.com

piracy[at]adobe.com

steve.gobin[at]rolex.com

tip[at]macromedia.com

Any additional pressure this can bring to bear on the problem will be worth the effort.

23222[/snapback]

Not to my knowledge. They seem to be the most resiliant spammers. Even spam from trojan machines across the planet direct to cn webdomains. I also get nasty viruses and bounces from a cn.edu domain almost daily. That pattern has been ongoing for a year now. As other sites seem to expire, those hosted in Cina and their spam e-mail seem to resurface and survive like the phoenix bird of fame. One has to wonder how corrupted or seemingly incompetent the people in charge of these domains have to be. Not even going to upstream domains seems to do any good or stop these idiots.

Archived