SpamCop with Thunderbird mail client

Works most of time but about 40% of the time I get a reply from SpamCop telling me to use an Outlook add-in for parsing [along with a complicated process for cutting and pasting] that is more trouble than deleting the annoying emails themselves. Or, sometimes I never get a Submission link to finish processing the Report.

So, have you done anything to troubleshoot those submittals? I see no Tacking URLs offered up to allow anyone here to look at either a failed on or one that allegedly flew. You've not mentioned the platform involved, we could go ahead and guess that the latest version of Thunderbird is in use, but ...???? Do you have any other apps that worked so you can compare the difference in submitted items? Have you ever submitted a spam by e-mail before or did you just sign up / convert to ThunderBird yesterday? Have you tried the paste-your-spam-in-the-box web page form to see if that even flies?

Will T-Bird work properly with SpamCop. In other words, can I just forward a message (spam with Full headers) to the proper SpamCop address and have it reply with REPORTing link?

Thx,

MEM

23371[/snapback]

It's going to be much more reliable if you forward as an attachment. I don't use Thunderbird as an email client, but I'd be surprised if it didn't allow you to forward as an attachment.

Forward that way and if you have problems, post a tracking URL here if it gives you one.

JT

I don't use Thunderbird as an email client, but I'd be surprised if it didn't allow you to forward as an attachment.

23380[/snapback]

I'm butting in to this discussion to say that I just forwarded some spam as an attachment to my submit.blahblah[at]spam.spamcop.net address using Thunderbird, and it worked fine. I'm running 0.9 (the latest version available for Debian PPC), but it's probably similar in 1.0 --

Message --> Forward As --> Attachment

I find it much faster to keep both a browser and an IMAP client open and drag stuff into the held mail directory (as needed) using the IMAP client and use the browser to report. When you forward spam to the reporting address there's a much longer delay before it shows up for reporting.

Archived