Whew! You made it here! Welcome!

Following the years of the ever-growing SpamCop system and user base, watching and being part of the problematic meeting grounds between the techy/geeky folks that deal with computer/network issues as a livelihood and those folks that just got their new computer yesterday .. here's a shot at perhaps answering the oft-requested "SpamCop for Dummies" plea. What we'd like to see here are the step-by-step type walk-through descriptions.

Known already is that because Microsoft does not yet own the entire world, there are all those little inconsistencies floating around out there <g> So just a bit of fore-warning, instructions and sequences provided may still not be "your" final solution. Joe may provide the perfect step-by-step sequence that works just fine on Joe's hardware/software mix, but Sheila has changed a few configuration items in her e-mail application that makes Joe's instructions fail at step 7. So we may have to edit Joe's instructions a bit to clarify ... or another step-by-step may have to be written for those that work with the same settings as Sheila.

As we all know that geeks don't speak in a normal language <g> ... please take that as a suggestion to go ahead and try to write up and post "your" sequence of actions that work. It might just be the way you explain things that clears up someone else's inability to decode geek talk <g>

• 5 months later...
  • 9 years later...

I realize that this post is old, but I've read so much I can no longer remember what goes where. So, here's a question for you: When someone submits an email as spam and later realizes that it was not spam, how does that person delete the original entry? Today (April 23, 2015) I did that and it was a mistake. I just want to get things right. Thanks, swallen56

The submit button is final, Kind of like REPLY ALL, only regrets after no string to pull it back. I would suggest that you contact the party you reported. They could then use your apology in their discussions with SpamCop if needed.

<snip> When someone submits an email as spam and later realizes that it was not spam, how does that person delete the original entry? <snip>

Hi, swallen56,

&nbsp &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Please see the SC FAQ entry labeled "How can I unsend a Report?." Spoiler alert: it essentially says what Lou (Lking) said 92234[/snapback]. :) <g>

They could then use your apology in their discussions with SpamCop if needed.

&nbsp &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Although it's unlikely to be needed because reports from only one SC reporter can not put an IP address on the SC blacklist. :) <g>

Archived