Recurring "Resource Reclaimed" errors

emboehm

I am getting the following error just about every time I submit a spam through the web page

500 Server Error

The following error occurred:

Internal error. Try again.

Could not open error file

The latest one is from

id=z725660667zad2a7bfc72504fef8076e18831d3d565z

I was able to get past this a few times but I had to dump some unreported spam because I couldn't get past it.

The "id=xxx" thing isn't a Tracking URL, so it's really not useful to 99.9% of the folks here. There was a complaint last evening about the slow e-mail service, but that actually turned out to be a reporting-side issue. Newsgroup traffic show some complints over-night and early this morning about parsing taking forever .... however, looking at http://www.spamcop.net/spamgraph.shtml?spamstats suggests that the catch-up phase from whatever happened yesterday evening may be about over. Are you "still" seeing errors?

The "id=xxx" thing isn't a Tracking URL, so it's really not useful to 99.9% of the folks here.

Actually, the id=xxx is PART of the tracking URL. Here would be the full URL:

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z725660667zad...76e18831d3d565z

I was able to get to it and it was still live, so I cancelled it so that no unauthorized person could accidentally report it

A lot of these slow parsing spams today have reference to:

OrgName:    Corporate Communications, Inc.

OrgID:      CORP

Address:    Corporate Technologies

Address:    2000 44th Street SW

City:    Fargo

StateProv:  ND

PostalCode: 58103

ASNumber: 4959

ASName:  CORPCOMM

ASHandle: AS4959

Comment:

RegDate:    1995-05-15

Updated:    1995-05-15

TechHandle: DK62-ARIN

TechName: Kirk, Douglas

TechPhone:  +1-701-281-5341

TechEmail:  douglas.kirk[at]ctusa.net

OrgTechHandle: DK62-ARIN

OrgTechName: Kirk, Douglas

OrgTechPhone:  +1-701-281-5341

OrgTechEmail:  douglas.kirk[at]ctusa.net

Any ideas?

The "id=xxx" thing isn't a Tracking URL, so it's really not useful to 99.9% of the folks here.  There was a complaint last evening about the slow e-mail service, but that actually turned out to be a reporting-side issue.  Newsgroup traffic show some complints over-night and early this morning about parsing taking forever ....  however, looking at http://www.spamcop.net/spamgraph.shtml?spamstats suggests that the catch-up phase from whatever happened yesterday evening may be about over.  Are you "still" seeing errors?

23682[/snapback]

As the next message said, it's part of the tracking URL. If I try to report by clicking on the Report Now link, I still get the error. However, I had emails that had the tracking URL and if I go directly to that it works.

Most of my problems are when I paste the message into the web form. I don't have any spam right now to report. I will try next time to use the tracking URL directly if I get the error.

The problem is that you don't get an email when you report through the web form so it's hard to get the tracking URL. Not that I expect or want an email, just makes it a little more difficult to troubleshoot.

I just ran three through the web form .. no, it's not a spped demon (though thought it odd that the nag screen popped with a 4 second wait vice the "more normal" 6 or 7 second wait ... and it was more like 20 ..) but results happened.

The "ID=" vice the Tracking URL .... if you're asking for help, make things easier for those that would offer help ... the Tracking URL is clickable .. your ID requires work to make it a URL ....

Please see the Tracking URL entry in the "How to use ..." Forum ...

Archived