Certain Reports Will Not Send

SimonEast

Having trouble sending certain types of reports -- they seem to be mainly email challenge/response systems. (I'm getting hundreds of bounces and challenge/response emails to my domain daily.)

Firstly, upon submitting the email, the report checkboxes look like this...

[checkbox] Re: 207.217.120.42 ()

To: abuse[at]abuse.earthlink.net (refuses munged reports) (Notes)

Notice the curved brackets are empty? Then upon clicking "Send spam Reports Now" I get red error messages...

putRow Column 'type' cannot be null (1048)/sc?

Sorry, failed to get reportid from database, will not send.

Here's two different sources that cause this error. All other spam emails I've submitted have reported perfectly.

<Wazoo removed two samples of Challenge/Response items>

As noted, I edited your post to remove your two samples ... for starters, please provide the Tracking URL in a situation like this. (and of that's not clear, please take a look at the Forum FAQ / Glossary) You may also want to read through the "Rules, everybody read" entry also.

Just parsed a spam and it flew right though, so would need to work with/look at your spam ... what happens when you post the spam here, things get so screwed up, I have to copy your sample, throw it into Notepad, spend a number of minutes "fixing" it in order to parse it, and the results are usually that in my "fixing" things, whatever the original problem was is no longer existing ... a waste of time on everyone's part.

Can't really call it a rule (if you're talking about the Tracking URL) ... for instance, sometimes the parser bombs out before getting to a point that a Tracking URL is available. That you offered up a "check the box for a report target" says that at least that one had a Tracking URL available. The "read the rules" suggestion dealt with Challenge/Response items specifically.

(feel free to tick the unticked ISPs)

It is not a good idea to leave unprocessed spam available for third parties. Some unscrupulous person could report it in a way that could get your reporting account fined or cancelled. After all YOU are the person sending the reports to the ISP, not spamcop. Report cancelled, resubmit if you want.

Also, I would not want others to be responsible for sending your email address to a third party (the refuses munged reports sends an unmunged version to Earthlink).

Archived