Spammer has my email as return mail.

Adivity

A spammer seems to have put an email address I own as the return email address for all his spam mails. This resulting in me getting every failure delivery email from the victims' server.

Please, is there anything I can do about this? Im seriously desperate since ive been getting 100-200 failure delivery emails a week.

Thanks!

A spammer seems to have put an email address I own as the return email address for all his spam mails. This resulting in me getting every failure delivery email from the victims' server.

Please, is there anything I can do about this? Im seriously desperate since ive been getting 100-200 failure delivery emails a week.

Thanks!

24908[/snapback]

You have to report (using the "DAT" or contained file in bounce) the source from where the spam is being sent from (you are not allowed o use SpamCop to do this) SpamCop can however help you in giving abuse addresses for personel reports

Seems to work for me

So I should report these "bounced" emails to spamcop? Of course I want this guy to stop spamming people, but moreso, I want this guy to at least take my email off his return path when sending out these mails.

I don't think anything you can do will stop the spammer from using your email address in the return path. However, reporting them might stop the guy(s) who are bouncing them.

Miss Betsy

So I should report these "bounced" emails to spamcop? Of course I want this guy to stop spamming people, but moreso, I want this guy to at least take my email off his return path when sending out these mails.

24913[/snapback]

If you are getting a copy of the spam in the bounced email report as I suggested (do not use SpamCop for this) make it a personal abuse report

If there are no "attachments" showing you the spam and its source you can use spamcop for reporting the ISP for "misdirected bounces" (this is unlikley to be the source of the spam)

Archived