Hotmail

thebassman

Just curious if there's a way to report spam from a hotmail, specifically, but freemail in general, account. I report spam via one reporting address for about 20 different email ids, but my worst hit are my freemail accounts. I can report from my gmail account easily, but I can't figure out a way to report from my hotmail account... any ideas?

Hi, thebassman,

...Well, I can't speak to Hotmail, but I can certainly do it from my free Yahoo!Mail account. I just went through the normal SpamCop reporting user registration, then the "Mailhosts" registration process from my Yahoo!Mail account and now I happily report spam by "Forward"ing it "As Attachment" to my SpamCop e-mail reporting address. Hopefully, there's some similar routine for Hotmail.

Thought I did HotMail a while back, but see that in the "How to Use ... / Reporting" Forum that among the things covered, e-mail-from-HotMail submittal isn't there ... (Yahoo is) .. I'd swear that this is already documented "here" somewhere (actually thinking that in one case, Miss Betsy copied data over from the newsgroups on how to perform this feat ..???) ... but will make a note to add that to that Forum section.

Found it: http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?...889entry14889

Added it to the "How to Use ...." Forum section.

If you are a paid member, you can have spamcop log into your hotmail and pop the e-mail for you, then forward it to another e-mail account if you want. The trick is that most of the spam ends up in the junkmail (hotmail) folder, so you have to actually mannualy move it to the INBOX folder in hotmail yourself.

Archived