abuse AT linode.com

emanmb

I'm sure I'm not alone here in getting frequent colocrossing spam.  Due to it's frequency, I did a little googling.  Perhaps others may find these pages of use or of interest.  They do have a Twitter page and FB page so it's not like their some totally unresponsive monolith, although maybe so RE: spam

https://www.000webhost.com/directory/reviews/colocrossing.com

http://spamauditor.org/2017/01/happy-new-year-colocrossing/

https://irulan.net/blocking-colocrossing-spam/

• 1 year later...

I can say with pretty much confidence that I don't think that when SC gets a message from abuse AT linode.com that translates to the SC user as "ISP has indicated spam will cease; ISP resolved this issue sometime after 8/1/2019, 3:43:07 PM +0700" that it is not likely true as the same ads come to me weekly.

I could be wrong, but I have a feeling that abuse AT linode.com uses an auto-responder for spam reports.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6 hours ago, emanmb said:

I can say with pretty much confidence that I don't think that when SC gets a message from abuse AT linode.com that translates to the SC user as "ISP has indicated spam will cease; ISP resolved this issue sometime after 8/1/2019, 3:43:07 PM +0700" that it is not likely true as the same ads come to me weekly.

I could be wrong, but I have a feeling that abuse AT linode.com uses an auto-responder for spam reports.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

would help if you could give a SpamCop tracking URL or a IP?
Send a buse report from your email to inode to seee what or if they auto-ack.

Edited by petzl

• 1 month later...
On 8/2/2019 at 4:52 AM, petzl said:

would help if you could give a SpamCop tracking URL or a IP?
Send a buse report from your email to inode to seee what or if they auto-ack.

I did fwd to them and the replies seem genuine at first but then all of them are the same with just a different person signing them.

• 2 weeks later...

Prior was different. Don’t seem to be very rigid standard responses.

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. The customer responsible was removed from our platform.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out. Have a great rest of your day.

and...

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take the integrity of our platform very seriously and are currently working with the customer to resolve this issue.

If you have any questions or concerns in the meantime, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Edited by Hanco
Added example