Lost email

I seem to not be getting some of my forwards from spamcop. I've got some

forwards processed after the lost email.

Could someone lookup

Queued message 140976 for release and sender for whitelisting

This is one of the lost emails for me schmide at sc net

Posted in the news group. No one seems to read that anymore.

Is there a way of retrieving these lost messages? There is another one with a similar title that I don't know the message ID for.

Posted in the news group. No one seems to read that anymore.

Not a valid comment. On the other hand, you asked an e-mail account type question in the spamcop newsgroup, whereas it actually should have been posted into the spamcop.mail newsgroup. My responses 'over there' pointing e-mail account users to either the (pretty much dead) spamcop.mail newsgroup or to this Forum has resulted in a number of acromonious fallout postings.

I seem to not be getting some of  my forwards from spamcop. I've got some forwards processed after the lost email.

Could someone lookup

Queued message 140976 for release and sender for whitelisting

This is one of the lost emails for me schmide at sc net

Is there a way of retrieving these lost messages? There is another one with a similar title that I don't know the message ID for.

There is only one person with access to actually look at your account. But I must state that from reading your complaint, there's a lot of missing data. You don't mention where your mail is being forwarded to. That you seem to state that e-mail was received, something in the next batch disappeared, then some more was received seems to suggest that there's something going on at your ISP (factoring that you've not mentioned seeing any bounce / rejection notices) Maybe some hints as to what the 'missing' e-mail may have that made it 'special' ....

Perhaps doing an account reconfiguration to use a POP or IMAP connection until you get it sorted out might 'save' the missing stuff?

Change to pop, that’s an ideal, I’ll look into it.

Being a bit more specific…

I was using the old spamcop interface.

Approximately 9:50 am pst I log into spamcop through http://mailsc.spamcop.net/reportheld?action=heldlog

I have a fair amount of held mail. I find 4 messages that are from a yahoo group (bicycle racing team) that have been caught by spamcop. I proceed to check them then select forward and whitelist. I then select the rest of the messages and select quick report immediately and trash. I wait for the messages that have been forwarded to my ISP’s pop account and receive 3 of the 4 messages. After posting in the wrong newsgroup, I return to spamcop and find another 4 or 5 held emails, one of which is the above numbered email. I proceed to queue for release and whitelisting and process the remaining messages for quick report and trash. After not receiving message 140976, I post the second message in the wrong group. I log into webmail and find a message from extremetech and proceed to whitelist and release it from the webmail interface. It comes through immediately. I look through the trash folder in webmail and find none of the lost messages. After looking through the spamcop faq I then do a google “spamcop lost email”. I proceed to find the forum. Huh there is a forum. I’ll post there.

Both of the lost emails have the subject

“Re: [roaringmouse] 1st place video”

And come from

roaringmouse at yahoogroups dot com

The one thing I can figure is the last email of the list is not being sent. I did not pay 100% attention to the first batch because I didn’t expect it to fail. Like a common array mistake that drops the last element in the list.

I hope this helps.

Some of the other folks here may join in with something .. but what I was really going with is that if your were to try to contact JT, you'd want to provide him with (even more) data ... again, the spamcop account in question, the e-mail account/domain the stuff is being forwarded to, approximate timeframes, etc. Looking for enough data that he'd be able to at least try to zero in on the portion of log files to see what his servers show as happening. Failure of his servers in delivering any e-mail would normally cause tons of traffic both here and in the newsgroups .. and that hasn't yet happened.

I assumed that anyone of power could read my account settings and thusly the forward accounts name.

One bit of info that I can give is one of the messages with the above subject, had an original timestamp of

Tuesday, May 24, 2005 8:11 AM

and the first batch 3 of the 4 forwarded emails was received by my ISP at 9:57am from cesmail

Other than that, I’d be willing to give any information to the powers that be. I just didn’t want to be a bother and such.

I assumed that anyone of power could read my account settings and thusly the forward accounts name.

OK, invoked Admin powers 'here' ... you didn't register with a spamcop.net address, so there's no direct way to 'look you up' ...

Other than that, I’d be willing to give any information to the powers that be. I just didn’t want to be a bother and such.

As stated above, there's only JT that has direct access to the e-mail servers. I know that he is constantly bombarded with e-mails, most of which are dealing with issues that aren't his <g> ... so the issue when asking him to loo at something is to provide enough so he can look it up while reading your e-mail. And as being the "only guy" .. getting to your e-mail probably won't be immediately after you send it. On the other hand, e-mail gone missing is something not taken lightly.

schmide at spamcop dot net

I didn't think of signing up with my spamcop email as I never give it out to anyone.

I hear there have been a great deal of sun spots in the past few weeks, It could be just a fluke.

Thanks for the help.

Schmide

schmide at spamcop dot net

28501[/snapback]

Schminde: I guess we need to be more direct here...

Send all of the relevant information to JT at support<at>spamcop.net

He is the only one who can get the information you seek.

Archived