Korean spammers better than SC's DNS servers?

I have a spam here that I cannot report because it includes in its HTML part six references to various subdomains of thewatchguy4u.com (namely, <something>.thewatchguy4u.com, with <something> being one each of supportdesk, shipping, helpdesk, watch, support and customerservice). SC takes forever parsing it (apparently timing out repeatedly on DNS requests), says repeatedly that <something>.thewatchguy4u.com doesn't resolve, and finally (on the fifth URL) ends with the message:

got sigalarm, taking too long to process, aborted.

Perhaps you can wait a few minutes and reload?

I had to cancel that spam using "Cancel all unreported spam" because its parse page never went as far as the Report/Cancel buttons. (I still have the original spam here). (Other, unrelated, spams parse OK.)

Now the strange thing is that from where I sit (and using my own ISP's DNS servers), those same symbolic addresses do resolve (forwards but not backwards) to 219.254.32.69, which SC sees as being in the address space of hanaro.com.

So... did Korean spammers discover a way to spam without being blocked, by using a domain name on which the DNS servers used by SC time out while some of those used elsewhere resolve it?

[...]

got sigalarm, taking too long to process, aborted.

Perhaps you can wait a few minutes and reload?

28512[/snapback]

P.S. Tracking URL: http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z767417517za9...09ba6f5f603402z

Archived