How Do I Use SC on MY Mail Server?

Outernaut

THE QUESTION:
Is there a guide that helps one establish the relationship tween SC and the mail servers so any inbound SC-designated spam, is deleted?

In another Thread/Post/Topic (depends on your language) 'gnarlymarley - Advanced Member' said:

A lot of email service providers have used the SC blocking list.  If you control your own email server, you could use the SC blocking list to help slow down the spam.  If you use a spam filtering tool such as spamassassin, then this will most likely already be enabled. 

First, I read the 300+ lines of links in the FAQ - but most discuss "Page Not Found - 404" - so I ask here.

BACKGROUND: I have 64 domains, each with their so-called "own mail server". I have access via WHM (crippleware)/ cPanel to each domain.

FYI: The 'free' (un-huh) "SpamAssassin" was replaced with the costly "Professional spam Filter" by the server hosts. Being the host is a affiliate of "Professional spam Filter", explains why they did it, but doesn't explain where their ethics and morals went.

TIA

-0-

From a cPanel I don't know if you have access to the settings for the "Professional spam filter" options.  The SCBL works like other block list. but the real question is  SpamCop an option for the system installed by hour host.

20 hours ago, Lking said:

From a cPanel I don't know if you have access to the settings for the "Professional spam filter" options.  The SCBL works like other block list. but the real question is  SpamCop an option for the system installed by hour host.

Thanks @Lking
I asked my Host if I am permitted to use Spamcop in some way. Tech support said "Yes". I HAD access to Professional spam filter but a while ago the host raised the rates and replaced "Free" with 'Add-ons Extra' and disabled Pro spam Filter. We just have Apache spam Assassin / spam Filter.

I gather I need to buy access to the add-on Pro spam Filter? It's in cPanel, but haven't used it since they disabled it and started charging extra for it.

I am just feeling my way around Spamcop, and anti-spam server-side. If I NEED Pro spam Assassin, I have a hard time caving in to extortion by the Host - as I see it.

~o~

BTW - Will there be, or is there any move to getting a payment gateway for adding "fuel" to  SpamCop??

On 11/27/2019 at 10:26 AM, Outernaut said:

I asked my Host if I am permitted to use Spamcop in some way. Tech support said "Yes". I HAD access to Professional spam filter but a while ago the host raised the rates and replaced "Free" with 'Add-ons Extra' and disabled Pro spam Filter. We just have Apache spam Assassin / spam Filter.

Outernaut, For me, I have migrated away from the spamcop filter when I found that SpamAssassin contains a spamcop rule called RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET.  (I abandoned filtering at the SMTP level when I found emails I was interested showed up on the blocklist.)  Since you already have spam Assassin, you may have this rule already enabled.  If you have it, you may need to use the "score" keyword to manipulate the rankings.  (I currently just use the defaults for this one item.)

• 1 month later...