E-mail forwarding, could be better

Hello everybody,

I use the spamcop e-mail system in the following way : I asked my ISP to forward to my spamcop address (spamcopaddress) all e-mails incoming with address address1, which is my main address.

Spamcop filters it, with spam assassin set to 5, and is asked to forward all legitimate mail to address2.

All the above works fine. :)

But there is some held mail. When I browse this held mail, I can select the spam mail and report an abuse. No problem here too, the messages disappears from the list. :)

But what about the held mail which is legitimate ? One would think that if I ask to move this mail to the In box, then spamcop will forward it just as other mail. But it does not. The mail moved to the In box from the Held box just stays there for ever. :angry:

The only way I found to get this mail in Outlook on my local computer is to select the legitimate mail in the held list, and to forward it manually to address2. But this is rather awkward. What is in fact the better way to but the legitimate mail back in the right track ?

Or maybe forwarding the legitimate mail is not the best way to operate ?

:unsure:

Gab

Assuming the legit email message(s) is/are from a legit sender, you should use the Held Mail mailbox/Folder's "Release and Whitelist" Link in Webmail. If it/they is/are not from a legit sender, but you want it/them at address2 anyway, you should use the "Release" Link. This should forward the mail on its way to your address2 account. You can also use Webmail's "Redirect" Link while viewing an individual email message to "Redirect" it to you at address2.

Assuming the legit email message(s) is/are from a legit sender, you should use the Held Mail mailbox/Folder's "Release and Whitelist" Link in Webmail.  If it/they is/are not from a legit sender, but you want it/them at address2 anyway, you should use the "Release" Link.  This should forward the mail on its way to your address2 account.  You can also use Webmail's "Redirect" Link while viewing an individual email message to "Redirect" it to you at address2.

28666[/snapback]

It seems evident, and it sounds like I am not very clever :blink: .

The fact is that I use the spamcop system in the french version, and peculiarly, all the links are translated but the two links "Release" and "Release and whitelist". So I had never used them and did not know what they meant. :huh:

I'll try as soon as a legit mail gets held.

Thanks, Jeff :)

Gab

Aside from my description of their functions in http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?...findpost&p=4702, please note that any "Release" that sends mail on to another account will do so in reportable fashion, by just adding on another Received Header Line and relaying it on to your hidden address. "Redirect" does the same thing, but to an address of your choosing.

Archived