Spamcop not parsing Gmail spam correctly?

Steve

1 hour ago, Steve said:

How do I correct that?

Here is the tracking URL for said spam:

https://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z6612810826ze91817a6e8de425dff5c5f477fd46726z

This seems posted from within Gmail to Gmail which means it is intranet spam,
there is also no body in spam, Seems the headers are incomplete also.
With full headers and no body, just under headers, hit enter twice and write "No body in spam" for SpamCop to work.
Just mark it in Gmail as phishing

Edited by petzl

8 minutes ago, petzl said:

This seems posted from within Gmail to Gmail which means it is intranet spam,
there is also no body in spam, Seems the headers are incomplete also.
With full headers and no body, just under headers, hit enter twice and write "No body in spam" for SpamCop to work.
Just mark it in Gmail as phishing

Tried that and got the same result as when I originally tried submitting the spam.

4 hours ago, Lking said:

They must have made another change.  Whatever happened to 'If it an't broke don't fix it'?

Working for me two days ago?
Fake drug spam.
https://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z6612624629z1abe5cddebae09ba94ce8ea7968ce25bz

Edited by petzl

12 hours ago, Steve said:

Yeah, there's a body. This has happened in the past when trying to report spam from Gmail.

Gmail works for my reports, but then I am using fetchmail (over ssl) and an scri_pt that encapsulates the spam in an attachment.  Are you using something like thunderbird or another mail client or the "Show Original" option found in the webmail?  When I click the Show Original, my emails seem intact.

3 hours ago, gnarlymarley said:

Gmail works for my reports, but then I am using fetchmail (over ssl) and an scri_pt that encapsulates the spam in an attachment.  Are you using something like thunderbird or another mail client or the "Show Original" option found in the webmail?  When I click the Show Original, my emails seem intact.

The "Show Original" option and then "Copy to clipboard" and then I paste into the submission field in SC and submit. Those emails are the only one I have problems with. All other emails go through fine.

4 hours ago, Steve said:

The "Show Original" option and then "Copy to clipboard" and then I paste into the submission field in SC and submit. Those emails are the only one I have problems with. All other emails go through fine.

That's all I do with mine
Seems though when spammer sends though gmail to gmail becomes a intranet SpamCop cannot parse
Just report as phishing and gmail will deal with it
Reported a while ago
https://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z6613089010zeca3f141148e65c17956cc77885b5331z

Edited by petzl

From my experience, Gmail is adding a header line "Bcc: <email@domain.com>" if the message was only sent with you in the "Bcc" field.  This header is added at the bottom of the headers below the "Content-Type:".  This breaks the SpamCop parser.  If I move the Bcc line above the Content-Type line, SpamCop is able to parse the message properly.  Is this similar to what you see?

How does one report a bug in SpamCop's parser?

On 2/3/2020 at 8:04 AM, styncer said:

How does one report a bug in SpamCop's parser?

I usually sent a note to the deputies about bugs at deputies[at]admin[dot]spamcop[dot]net.  I try to include helpful information such as the link to this forum post or tracking URLs.  The deputies have an internal bug tracker.

https://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/12.html

On 2/3/2020 at 8:04 AM, styncer said:

From my experience, Gmail is adding a header line "Bcc: <email@domain.com>" if the message was only sent with you in the "Bcc" field.  This header is added at the bottom of the headers below the "Content-Type:".  This breaks the SpamCop parser.  If I move the Bcc line above the Content-Type line, SpamCop is able to parse the message properly.  Is this similar to what you see?

After me going back through my stuff, I was not able to locate a spam that had a BCC to me.  I believe I have had one, but I download the spam over imap/ssl and it probably doesn't keep the BCC on the imap side.  Since the field is an added by the receiver mail program, I would probably just remove the header before submitting.