abuse#sendgrid.com@devnull.spamcop.net ??

DiverDoc

Look - I'm really sorry if this is a nuisance question and I have searched the forum for this topic, but nothing seems to quite match up. The first time I reported a certain spammer, I got the above message and subsequent reports of the same spammer show the identical message after I submit the spam: 

Report spam To:

RE: 167.89.80.93 (Administrator etc ...)

To:abuse#sendgrid.com@devnull.spamcop.net

Can one of you such bright people please advise me what this means and how I should proceed with future instances of spam from this sender?

Thanks!!

3 hours ago, DiverDoc said:

Can one of you such bright people please advise me what this means and how I should proceed with future instances of spam from this sender?

A few providers  do not accept SpamCop reports
They only accept reports from the email account that received them!

1 hour ago, petzl said:

A few providers  do not accept SpamCop reports
They only accept reports from the email account that received them!

Weather they accept spam reports or not, the spam you report does count towards their reputation on the SCBL.

2 hours ago, DiverDoc said:

OK - thx. I'll let it go then, but I am going to look into how to submit the spam to the originating  organization. 

If you can work out the IP your email server received spam from a whois program makes it easy.
This ones for Windows. Freeware
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/ipnetinfo.html

Edited by petzl

• 2 months later...
On 2/16/2020 at 11:39 AM, DiverDoc said:

Look - I'm really sorry if this is a nuisance question and I have searched the forum for this topic, but nothing seems to quite match up. The first time I reported a certain spammer, I got the above message and subsequent reports of the same spammer show the identical message after I submit the spam: 

Report spam To:

Thanks!!

Just forward the email with full headers to abuse AT sendgrid DOT com (replace AT with @ and DOT with "."). They usually send an auto-reply email back letting you know they've received it and someone will handle the abuse report. Whether they actually take action, we'll never know.

Steve

Sendgrid will follow up if you report to them. They are pretty good at dealing with spammers.

They do not want to be on blacklists because their whole business is enabling delivery of legitimate emails for groups who have large lists of subscribers.

That has been my experience anyway.