Change your password in this Forum

petzl

The only place I used this password
mobydick23 is here?
https://mailsc.spamcop.net/mcgi?action=gettrack&reportid=7050136343

OK I just realized that the Gmail account has nothing to do with SpamCop email that spam was sent to.
But don't hurt to change ones Password occasionally.

Edited by petzl

somewhat "indirectly" related to this thread...

Somebody in the Ukraine created a spotify account with my gmail address and it received two logins, one from Ukraine and one from the US. the account claimed that whoever "I" am, lives in GB :) so I logged in as well, noticed that the name was gibberish, changed the password, and kicked everybody who would have been logged in out.

In the spotify forum I noticed that Ukrainians wanted their country to be added to the spotify approved list ... sure, creating fake accounts will help them...

edit: unless it's Russians using a Ukrainian VPN to keep them from getting approved...

edit 2: with Russians I mean Vlad Drac^h^h^h^hPutin's agents...

Edited by RobiBue

5 hours ago, RobiBue said:

Somebody in the Ukraine created a spotify account

Years ago I created a spotify account?
Probably used that password there also?
Found spotify not to my liking within a week so not ever used it since.

On 4/10/2020 at 3:58 PM, petzl said:

Probably used that password there also?

After linkedin got hacked a few years back, I went to unique passwords so I could tell who and where the hack occurred.

On 4/10/2020 at 10:31 AM, RobiBue said:

Somebody in the Ukraine created a spotify account with my gmail address

I had this happen to me recently but it was spotify, instragram, pinterest, and netflix.  What I found was interesting with netflix is they appeared to be using the account to get a free month since they did not verify the email before allowing services.  I am not a fan of single-opt-in services nor have I been for over two decades.

oddly enough, spotify sent me an activation link which I never clicked on, but it seems that whoever created the account was able to log in anyway, twice even...

and I am fairly sure that my email account isn't being accessed without my knowledge :)

my email address has definitely been used several times though...

there seems to be something badly wrong if spotify sends me a confirmation to activate email and then the activation happens anyway... anyway, that is not spamcop's problem :) that is Spotify and yes, I ain't a fan of neither certain ways of opt-in/opt-out either :)

14 hours ago, RobiBue said:

oddly enough, spotify sent me an activation link which I never clicked on, but it seems that whoever created the account was able to log in anyway, twice even...

I can say it was weird that both spotify and pinterest had weird interests picked, but I didn't pay attention to netflix.

and I am fairly sure that my email account isn't being accessed without my knowledge :)

my email address has definitely been used several times though...

I can verify that my gmail accounts were not accessed as at the bottom of webmail there is a details button to tell me where the last logins came from.  Spotify and pinterest ask me to confirm only once, while the acounts were being used, but netflix spammed me daily to confirm.  So I can say that noone of mine had emails that were confirmed (I know this when I opened up the confirm email the link said it was still waiting for me to confirm), but clearly the accounts were being used.

there seems to be something badly wrong if spotify sends me a confirmation to activate email and then the activation happens anyway... anyway, that is not spamcop's problem :) that is Spotify and yes, I ain't a fan of neither certain ways of opt-in/opt-out either :)

Interesting that netflix didn't care about me reporting all their confirm email notices through SpamCop.  With pinterest I got a human on real quick.