Forwarding spamcop-filtered email to 2 accounts

See topic....

I am trying to have spamcop filter my mail and keep it on its server, as well as forward it to an additional email address. However, if I enter any address in the forwarding box under the options menu, the mail does not stay at spamcop and gets forwarded only.

So alternatively, I would like to enter 2 email addresses in that box (1 for my mobile device, 1 for another pop account). I have tried entering a comma between the 2 addresses, but that has not worked and the mail just doesn't go anywhere.

Does anyone know the syntax for adding multiple addresses in that forwarding textbox, or if it is even possible?

As far as I know, if you enter a forwarding address, SpamCop does not keep the mail on the server. I think you can forward only to one email address. If you need to forward to more than one, simply forward from SpamCop to an autoforwarder hosted elsewhere that forwards to all the addresses you need.

As far as I know, if you enter a forwarding address, SpamCop does not keep the mail on the server. I think you can forward only to one email address. If you need to forward to more than one, simply forward from SpamCop to an autoforwarder hosted elsewhere that forwards to all the addresses you need.

29319[/snapback]

Thanks, that could work. I am wary about adding another autoforwarded in the loop. The reason I want this is that I have my mobile device set up to poll my spamcop account every 15 minutes (as often as it can), and instead I would like to have spamcop email directly to the device so it pops up immediately (rather than from 0 to 15 minutes). I still need the email on spamcop, or on another pop server somewhere, so I can check it with a real email client when I have access to a PC.

If I add an autoforwarded in the loop, mail addressed to the email address that folks know for me would do this:

future:

incoming to my domain --> forwarded to spamcop --> forwarded back to domain host for autoforwarding --> into 2 separate email accounts.

currently:

incoming to my domain --> forwarded to spamcop

I'm worried that adding those 2 additional forwarding steps would add somewhat of a delay anyway, such that it would be simpler to leave status quo.

Adding two extra forwarding steps could take fractions of a second the vast majority of the time (depending on how fast the forwarding servers are). It's a shame that Bigfoot stopped supporting free multiple-recipient forwarding services.

Adding two extra forwarding steps could take fractions of a second the vast majority of the time (depending on how fast the forwarding servers are).  It's a shame that Bigfoot stopped supporting free multiple-recipient forwarding services.

29344[/snapback]

I added the additional forwarding steps, and it did work like a charm. Mail got there almost immediately. But then I saw a feature on Gmail, which allows you forward email from Gmail to another email address, while keeping it on gmail as well (exactly what I wanted from spamcop). I simplified everying by changing my domain to forward only to gmail, am already popping from my gmail account, and now gmail then forwards that email to my mobile device as well. Works swimmingly, many fewer steps in between, and I'm curious to see if the spam control on gmail is similar, worse, or better than what I've been using on spamcop for the past few years. If it isn't as effective, i'll just switch the forwarding back to spamcop.

Archived