IP address blocked but not listed

UNICZ

Hello,

we have a problem with one of our partners, to whom we cannot write an email. Now the emails are returned to us with this message:

SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<xxxxx@xxxx.xxx>: host mail.xxxx.xx [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]: 550 5.7.0 Your server IP address is in the SpamCop database, bye

I have verified all our IP addresses against your database, but all of them are not in the blocked list.  For security reasons, I did not enter our IP addresses here.

I wanted to log in, but I can't reset my password because I don't see the captcha code.

So please help solve our problem. I have no problem requesting removal from the database, but according to your website we are not even there ...

So now I don't know much what to do.

Best regards
Pavel Dolezal

spamcop_result.png

There are a couple of explanations for what you are seeing.

The SpamCop Block list is dynamic. An IP address may be on the list for as little as 24 hours. So depending on the timing you may have missed the listing. Another resource you might check is under the <Statistics> tab. there is a browseable mapping of IPs that may provide more useful information https://www.spamcop.net/w3m?action=map If an IP is listed on other block list it maybe reflected.

Historically we have see that some providers have outdated error messages stating that an IP is on SCCBL when they are currently using a other criteria for blocking an IP. You/your partner need to check with their ISP to verify the real reason for being blocked.

Sorry for the generic response but without additional information...

Hello,

thank you for a quick response. The problem will probably be elsewhere and I found it here on the forum.

Currently, the other side has solved this by temporarily stopping SPAMCOPM from being used before the problem can be solved, because it is not that we are on the block list.

Thanks a lot!