How does Google keep allowing aronu01mbaonu@gmail.com to scam people?

LaserMoon

If you do a Google search for "aronu01mbaonu@gmail.com" you will see it was reported on blacklists almost a year ago.

It's still sending scam emails now, and the originating server is actually Google.

So what's going on, is Google that bad with detecting who uses their services to send "African scam" emails?

Edited by LaserMoon

11 minutes ago, LaserMoon said:

It's still sending scam emails now, and the originating server is actually Google.

I get emails from a different google accounts.  They change to a new address after about thirty report.

1 hour ago, LaserMoon said:

If you do a Google search for "[xyz-account][ at ]gmail.com" you will see it was reported on blacklists almost a year ago.

So what's going on, is Google that bad with detecting who uses their services to send "African scam" emails?

With the ability to create a gmail account on the fly, some scammers like to pursue that avenue, although often, Google shuts them down fairly quickly.

Not having a Tracking URL to check, I will take your word for it that it is sent through google. It is possible that the account has been hacked and keeps on getting hacked and used by the scammer. On the other hand, I am open to the possibility of it being a completely new account, but inserting the original scammer address just for display, but with a different underlying email address.

As I said, not having a Tracking URL makes it harder to follow and making up assumptions doesn't really help either. With that bit, I close ;)

• 4 months later...

Sorry if these are basic questions. I am far from an email expert. I think my reply is related to this thread.

Lately, I get many spam emails each day from gmail addresses. When I submit the email source to SpamCop, the only place the email gets reported is: google-abuse-bounces-reports@devnull.spamcop.net.

The tracking URL of the last such spam email report was: https://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z6725343589z6a5760a25ef977e0d0fe0613ae4f705az

Does this mean that reporting these emails does nothing?

In future, should I not report any emails from a gmail address?

I realize that SpamCop does their best to get spammers shut down. If these spammers have found ways to make SpamCop ineffective, please let me know if there are any other actions I should take.

1 hour ago, Ron Dragushan said:

Sorry if these are basic questions. I am far from an email expert. I think my reply is related to this thread.

Lately, I get many spam emails each day from gmail addresses. When I submit the email source to SpamCop, the only place the email gets reported is: google-abuse-bounces-reports@devnull.spamcop.net.

The tracking URL of the last such spam email report was: https://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z6725343589z6a5760a25ef977e0d0fe0613ae4f705az

Does this mean that reporting these emails does nothing?

In future, should I not report any emails from a gmail address?

I realize that SpamCop does their best to get spammers shut down. If these spammers have found ways to make SpamCop ineffective, please let me know if there are any other actions I should take.

Hi Ron, I think Google doesn't accept spam reports that come in by mail.

If you're reporting spam as a hobby, you may want to look at automating submissions to this form: https://support.google.com/mail/contact/abuse?hl=en

Heads up: sometimes spammers spoof their emails to make it look like they originate from a Gmail address.

Thanks LaserMoon! I'll try this form for spam with a gmail From address. I never thought reporting spam could be considered a hobby, but I guess it is for me. :) I hate getting spam (which is why I am happy to use SpamCop) and would love for these spammers to get shut down.

Edited by Ron Dragushan

10 hours ago, LaserMoon said:

Hi Ron, I think Google doesn't accept spam reports that come in by mail.

The last time I was able to send a report to by mail to google was on 9/17.  I wouldn't be surprised if their mailbox filled up if they no longer check it.

3 hours ago, gnarlymarley said:

The last time I was able to send a report to by mail to google was on 9/17.  I wouldn't be surprised if their mailbox filled up if they no longer check it.

SpamCop is sending reports to wrong abuse address should be "network-abuse@"

2 hours ago, LaserMoon said:

Is there any indication that they are taking action based on these messages?

no probably bit binned
SpamCop was conned into believing "http://abuse.net" were legit, in actual fact it is my belief they were pro-spam/marketer infiltrators 
They did replace  the legal abuse address Postmaster@"domain" to abuse@"domain" neither are guaranteed to be read.
Both are bombed by spammer spam, so abuse addresses tend to change reporting address often.
However SpamCop often overrides legit abuse addresses with abuse.net legacy.

Edited by petzl

The fact that spammers try to get SpamCop to report to an address that doesn't work is discouraging. I like the idea of SpamCop and I hope it gets some spammers shut down. I hope you don't mind if I ask, but if spammers control the spam reporting email addresses, does reporting via SpamCop actually do anything other than make me feel good that I'm doing something?

From what people have said, probably SpamCop doesn't send reports to Google because Google won't read spam reports sent by email. I'll try sending spam reports using the Google form suggested by LaserMoon above, at: https://support.google.com/mail/contact/abuse?hl=en

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2021 at 1:50 PM, Ron Dragushan said:

The fact that spammers try to get SpamCop to report to an address that doesn't work is discouraging.

It can be discouraging, but it also goes to show that spammers notice the work that both we and SpamCop does.  The idea can also be encouraging when find out it is working enough to grab spammer's attention.