[Resolved] pop.spamcop.net not responding on SSL Port 995

Jeff G.

Hi. I had 10 emails stacked up in my SpamCop Email System Inbox mailbox/Folder, the earliest having been received at 22:08.

OE6 was throwing the following error:

The server responded with an error. Account: ' pop.spamcop.net', Server: '127.0.0.1', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR AVG POP3 Proxy Server: Cannot connect to the mail server!', Port: 5200, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90

I bypassed AVG and went direct SSL, such that OE6 threw a new error:

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: ' pop.spamcop.net', Server: 'pop.spamcop.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

Once I turned off SSL and went with standard Port 110 (through AVG's port interception), OE collected my mail just fine. My Gmail connection was using a similar connection just fine, and telnet connections to pop.spamcop.net on Port 995 were immediately lost.

My conclusion is that SSL service for POPping from pop.spamcop.net appears to be currently broken.

I have tried to notify JT.

Archived