Why am I blacklisted?

Perrin

My wife and I have recently started a website to sell her art work. It has not been open for long and we have never sent out bulk emails. I am at a loss, wondering how someone could have reported us as spamming.

Can I get a copy of that report?

Hello Perrin,

not knowing how you got informed that you are "blacklisted" leaves me at a loss too.

If you enter here (spamcop) your

1. email address
  2. web address

individually -- that is as a single address (one line only) -- you will be able to see if your email/site are blacklisted by spamcop (SC)  but somehow I doubt it by your description of the issue.

As an example:

I added www.spamcop.net in the field and here is the result:

https://www.spamcop.net/sc?track=www.spamcop.net

under Statistics you can see the status of the website in the block lists.

It is possible that your problem does not stem from SC but from an individual provider who claims that the BL (block list) is from SC ...

edit: IIRC SC BLs are only active for 24 hours, which means that after 24 hours they should expire if it was ever listed through this anti-spam service.
(If I Remember Correctly SpamCop Block Listings)

Edited by RobiBue

On 8/21/2021 at 8:25 AM, Perrin said:

I am at a loss, wondering how someone could have reported us as spamming.

Perrrin,

I don't have access to get the reports, but I will add to RobiBue's suggestions.  I don't like admins who claim your IP is being blocked by SC, but is only being blocked by those admins.  Also could be possible that you inherited an IP that was previously sending bulk email or are shared with someone who currently is.  If your IP is showing up on the blocklist, you may want to check for hacked IP cameras or routers that hide behind that same IP and fix/update their firmware.

On 8/22/2021 at 12:25 AM, Perrin said:

My wife and I have recently started a website to sell her art work. It has not been open for long and we have never sent out bulk emails. I am at a loss, wondering how someone could have reported us as spamming.

Can I get a copy of that report?

Need to get the IP number to find out more!