I reported myself?

JayEdgar

But this is a FAQ!  Most of what I contribute is just IMHO!  Perhaps I should have said "practical" instead of "worthwhile"

Miss Betsy

...But even your "IMHO"s, IMHO, are worthwhile, such as http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?...st=0entry2727. And have you forgotten your substantive contributions to the FAQ? :)

This is why I am modest - I have no idea what you are talking about!

And I can't seem to find out how to access these FAQ!

I hate to admit it in public - but then I still keep my "almost new" signature for a reason!

Maybe it's because I come from the school of "When all else fails, read the instructions."

Miss Betsy

I can't seem to find out how to access these FAQ!

The Forums have no formal FAQ system yet - I understand that JT is working on something.

While we wait, I have been adding Pinned FAQ Entry Topics to the SpamCop Help, Email, and Email Setup Forums. They should show up at the top of those Forums, in bold type.

You are all welcome to write your own FAQ Entry Topics and comment on or write your own versions of the ones that have been posted. I will Pin the ones that I feel serve the greater good.

• 2 months later...
Yes you were reporting yourself ...

Yes, I've reported myself several times because I wasn't paying attention ... (duh!)

From what I can tell, SpamCop seems unable to correctly parse the headers of messages that come through one particular mail account of mine, because the messages received there are always forwarded from another account.

So if I want to report messages from that account, I need to manually strip the top three lines of the header (added by the forwarding account) so that SpamCop can track down the source IP properly.

Kevin

<snip>

So if I want to report messages from that account, I need to manually strip the top three lines of the header (added by the forwarding account) so that SpamCop can track down the source IP properly.

Kevin

...If you do that, cancel the SpamCop report (that is, don't click the "Send spam Report(s) Now" button). If you do, you may find yourself fined, if you are a paying user, or your reporting priviliges revoked.

...What you really want to do, I think, is to forward a copy of one of these spams to "deputies <at> spamcop.net" and explain the problem.

Yes, I've reported myself several times because I wasn't paying attention ... (duh!)

From what I can tell, SpamCop seems unable to correctly parse the headers of messages that come through one particular mail account of mine, because the messages received there are always forwarded from another account.

Kevin

Better than stripping headers which tends to make us real testy would be to send us a report number or an IP and your registered SC email address -- to the email address in the sig -- and let us see if we can make a system adjustment to handle the forwarding. Make sure to include enough details about the path your mail is taking so we can figure it out :-)

Kevin

sigh -- sorry if this posts twice --

Don't edit the headers, send all the details and a report number or IP to the address in my sig -- include your SC registered email address and details of the path your mail takes.

Archived