Topica and SpamCop

kd1sq

Okay, folks - this one's a perennial but searching here didn't yield a usable answer...

I wish to subscribe to certain lists that are run under Topica.

Topica will *not* let me subscribe to any group until my SpamCop email address is verified as part of my Topica membership.

Email from Topica (which gives me a web page address to go to in order to verify my address) in response to my request for verification is *not* showing up in my SpamCop mailbox in any form. I have turned off all mail filtering.

Repeating the same actions using a test email address (non-Spamcop) works fine. It's only the spamcop.net address that fails to get the verification email.

This situation has existed for quite some time (a year or better, IIRC) - it's only now that I'm irritated enough to start doing something about it.

Anyone?

Thank you,

Lee

Topica will *not* let me subscribe to any group until my SpamCop email address is verified as part of my Topica membership.

31980[/snapback]

Have you contacted Topica? They may have disabled spamcop registrations in the false thought it would get them listed?

If the messages are not in your Inbox or your Held Mail, they were likely not sent.

Heh! .. The company that will not spam .... No, I am not 100% sure .. No, I'm not about to offer up another e-mail address for them to trash .. but, given the history of Topica and their "absolutely no way would they ever spam you" (as it says in each and every damn one of them that I've received over the years) there is no doubt in my mind that they are not going to allow the use of a spamcop e-mail address for anything. Normally, a webmaster would toss up an error message about the attempted use of an unallowed address, but I can see them not doing that in this scenario, thus offering yet another opportunity for them to call spamcop the bad guy yet again.

Archived