Problems with ISP

KarlB

1 hour ago, KarlB said:

The ISP contends that email I report to SpamCop is spam created and sent from my computer.

Interesting how some ISPs place a higher standard on outbound email than they do on inbound email.  Because my ISP used to block outbound to SpamCop, I stopped forwarding through my ISP and setup my own email server to forward for me.  Since then, I have had no issues sending forwarding spam because I am now my own ISP when it comes to SpamCop.  Some ISPs don't trust anyone with spam in the name, but most of the spammers don't have spam in their name.

11 hours ago, KarlB said:

My ISP has suspended my account because I report spam to SpamCop. The ISP contends that email I report to SpamCop is spam created and sent from my computer.

The people who run your ISP must have lost their thinking cap or misplaced it somewhere...

Oddly enough, and sadly enough, they are right about "spam created and sent from your computer": someone created the spam you received, and you sent it from your computer as an attachment to spamcop.

The sad part is, that their neurons are misfiring and not relaying the correct messages between the frontal, parietal, and temporal lobes while completely keeping the hippocampus and prefrontal cortex out of the loop.

In other words: Reasoning, comprehension, and understanding are not being used, which in the end leaves them with no context to effectively make the right decisions...

On 4/16/2022 at 7:46 PM, RobiBue said:

The people who run your ISP must have lost their thinking cap or misplaced it somewhere...

Oddly enough, and sadly enough, they are right about "spam created and sent from your computer": someone created the spam you received, and you sent it from your computer as an attachment to spamcop.

The sad part is, that their neurons are misfiring and not relaying the correct messages between the frontal, parietal, and temporal lobes while completely keeping the hippocampus and prefrontal cortex out of the loop.

In other words: Reasoning, comprehension, and understanding are not being used, which in the end leaves them with no context to effectively make the right decisions...

The "forwarded" spam might count under technicalities, but I think you nailed this when combined with the whois-abuse issue.  Gone are they days when someone could forward ISP abuse issues back to that ISP.  Europe even legislated to hide the abuse emailboxes.  Email administrators are trying to stop the forwarding to abuse boxes.