Spam returns

BeemerPilot

Every time I have forwarded spam to spam Cop to report it, it has been returned to me with the following message under the subject of "spam Cop encountered errors."

SpamCop encountered errors while saving spam for processing:

SpamCop could not find your spam message in this email:

I have forwarded the spam to the correct address, so there must be something else about the process I don't understand. I apologize if the answer to this is in the FAQs. I looked, but didn't see this subject anywhere.

Thanks

Every time I have forwarded spam to spam Cop to report it, it has been returned to me with the following message under the subject of "spam Cop encountered errors."

SpamCop encountered errors while saving spam for processing:

SpamCop could not find your spam message in this email:

32174[/snapback]

Usually, that error is because you are forwarding rather than Forward as Attachment which causes the important headers to be lost. Otherwise, you are using something like Outlook which may or may not be able to forward the headers at all.

In the FAQ (link at the top of this page), SpamCop Parsing and Reporting Service section, check out at least the following 3 links.

>How do I get my email program to reveal the full, unmodified email?

-----> See also the tutorials in the How to use .... > SpamCop Reporting section

>How do I submit spam via email?

In the FAQ (link at the top of this page), SpamCop Parsing and Reporting Service section, check out at least the following 3 links.

>How do I get my email program to reveal the full, unmodified email?

-----> See also the tutorials in the How to use .... > SpamCop Reporting section

>How do I submit spam via email?

32176[/snapback]

in this case, I'll also add a pointer to How to use .... > SpamCop Forum --> Forum Use, General Intro ... noting the lack of data provided in the query.

Archived