[Resolved] Confused!! New Member Here...

Infoman

...and with 8 e-mail accounts, given the amount of spam I receive, I've decided to fight back! Yeah, it takes time, but right now, "frustration" is the word.

a) Even time I forward a PLAIN TEXT e-mail to my SPAMCOP "submit..." email address, it comes back to me with errors - something about NOT being plain text, but it is. Why is this happening?

B) As an example, the last spam I got, I did many separate checks on on the source. Use this link as a reference to this particular spam:

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z808787526z70...cdd9a8b3ea820cz

- I use spam BULLY software, which has a reporting facility. This facility is not the greatest, and on ocassion, it can't find the correct address to sent it to - as it did here - so it defaults to "spam[at]uce.gov". Something tells me that doesn't do a bit of good.

- Forwarding to SPAMCOP.NET plain text - with headers - gets returned with errors for some unknown reason. (see (a) above)

- Entering headers and text online in SPAMCOP.NET tells me to report it to:

Re: 196.200.115.11 (Administrator of network where email originates)

To: postmaster[at]accelonafrica.com (Notes)

Re: 196.200.115.11 (Third party interested in email source)

To: Cyveillance spam collection (Notes)

- Entering headers in what must be a competitor to you(?) - SPAMCOP.COM - analyzes the sent-to address as "abuse[at]microsoft.com". SPAMCOP.NET's analysis said "IGNORED" next to the Microsoft reference.

- Using the "abuse reporting" feature of Visualware's "EMAIL TRACKER PRO", it points to me "abuse[at]ripe.net".

WHAT IS AN ANTI-spam WARRIOR TO BELIEVE??????????? :huh:

Thanks!

Andy (Infoman)

Andy,

Welcome, and thanks for your message.

a)  Even time I forward a PLAIN TEXT e-mail to my SPAMCOP "submit..." email address, it comes back to me with errors - something about NOT being plain text, but it is.  Why is this happening?

33133[/snapback]

You need to forward AS ATTACHMENT. Please see How do I submit spam via email? for details.
B)  As an example, the last spam I got, I did many separate checks on on the source.  Use this link as a reference to this particular spam:

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z808787526z70...cdd9a8b3ea820cz

- I use spam BULLY software, which has a reporting facility.  This facility is not the greatest, and on ocassion, it can't find the correct address to sent it to - as it did here - so it defaults to "spam[at]uce.gov".  Something tells me that doesn't do a bit of good.

- Forwarding to SPAMCOP.NET plain text - with headers - gets returned with errors for some unknown reason. (see (a) above)

- Entering headers and text online in SPAMCOP.NET tells me to report it to:

Re: 196.200.115.11 (Administrator of network where email originates)

To: postmaster[at]accelonafrica.com (Notes)

Re: 196.200.115.11 (Third party interested in email source)

To: Cyveillance spam collection (Notes)

- Entering headers in what must be a competitor to you(?) - SPAMCOP.COM - analyzes the sent-to address as "abuse[at]microsoft.com".  SPAMCOP.NET's analysis said "IGNORED" next to the Microsoft reference.

33133[/snapback]

SpamCop's programmers have chosen not to notify intermediary Microsoft of such abuse of their MSN Hotmail service. I don't approve of that choice. Also, please note that spamcop.COM has been run by a number of scammers since it was acquired when its registration was allowed to lapse.
- Using the "abuse reporting" feature of Visualware's "EMAIL TRACKER PRO", it points to me "abuse[at]ripe.net".

33133[/snapback]

That tool appears not to be tracking far enough - that is, it doesn't understand the delegation of 196.200.0.0/13 to RIPE on August 30th, 2004.
WHAT IS AN ANTI-spam WARRIOR TO BELIEVE??????????? :huh:

Thanks!

Andy  (Infoman)

33133[/snapback]

Please believe the SpamCop Parser and send a Manual Report to abuse[at]hotmail.com if you want.

Thanks for THIS quick reply, Jeff!  It's really nice to see people that actually care about their website and services!  It's so rare these days!  :rolleyes:

33135[/snapback]

You're welcome. I'm done editing it. i didn't expect you to be back so quickly. :)

You're welcome.  I'm done editing it.  i didn't expect you to be back so quickly. :)

33136[/snapback]

Nor you!! Thanks so much for the quick info. Now I know I can cut down some time just by submitting to SPAMCOP.NET. Excellent!

Thanks again!

Andy

Archived