Eudora Reporting

Leonard Grossman

Hard to say, as there are so many variables involved. Copying and pasting things has been just one of the simpler items that have caused an issue for many folks. Your experiment has resulted in what? If it works, maybe you/we are in the pre-stage of writing up yet another FAQ entry, yet .... can hear the complaints now about all the tedious work involved in creating yet another e-mail just to submit ...????

All right, I attached the following to a Eudora e-mail and submited them:

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\spam\Babe loves doing the nasty in a hot bath.txt; C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\spam\Lezzies biting and toying.txt; C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\spam\pretty schoolgirl in funny stocking without panty.txt; C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\spam\SEXUALLY-EXPLICIT prevented physical fought tumbling pirates t.txt; C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\spam\Unbelievable income prospect.txt

Checking my log of recent spams reported I find:

Report History:

Submitted: 9/25/2005 10:05:43 PM -0500: Unbelievable income prospect No reports filed

Submitted: 9/25/2005 10:05:43 PM -0500: pretty schoolgirl in funny stocking without panty No reports filed

Submitted: 9/25/2005 10:05:43 PM -0500: Lezzies biting and toying No reports filed

Submitted: 9/25/2005 10:05:43 PM -0500: mature firefighter babe craves your hose No reports filed

Does this mean that I should try to report them separately or that it doesn't work at all.

Len

Steps, type and content of spam, applications involved, maybe even some configuration settings may also need to be documented. Let's pick one specific item .. line length/wrapping (OK, maybe two items <g>)

Your e-mail app displays data, wrapping some lines due to screen/window width.

You select/copy some text .. paste it into another app, say Notepad. Does that handle the long lines of data gracefully?

You grab that data and insert it into an e-mail ... once again, does the long-line data survive that trip?

You then send that e-mail with attached data. Now we're waiting to see of the formay of all that was 'correct' as far as the parser was concerned .... then followed by the question of whether the data was extracted and was seen as 'correct' ....

Then we look at the HTML issue with some of the same problems ... on and on ...

But, on the off chance that you'll come up with something that 'works' (after all these years <g>) ... waiting for your results.

All right, I attached the following to a Eudora e-mail and submited them:

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\spam\Babe loves doing the

Not a Eudora user, but also not sure why the Path name was psrovided as part of the "file name" ...???? (I edited the list a bit)

Checking my log of recent spams reported I find:

Report History:

Submitted: 9/25/2005 10:05:43 PM -0500: Unbelievable income prospect No reports filed

Does this mean that I should try to report them separately or that it doesn't work at all.

33194[/snapback]

No reports filed certainly suggests that things didn't work as you planned. (any way to actually see if you can 'handle' something to possibly end up with a Tracking URL?) Easier to work with a single attachment first, do your 'magic' .. CC: or send it to yourself and see what the result actually looks like. Go from there ..???

EDIT: Guess I'm going to quit typing while you're working it out .. way out of sync here ...

Ahhhh. I see that after I email them to spamcop, I have to go back to the web interface and actuall "report" each of them separately.

I have done that for each one.

I'll let you know what happens next.

Len

33196[/snapback]

From this post it sound like what you are doing is working just fine.

Your work in Endora, as you state here, only feeds the spam into the SpamCop system and assigns each message with a separate Tracking URL.

You have already noted the need to actually parse each separate Tracking URL.

You state that you have done this for each one. At that point you should have your answer as to if what you are doing works or not. If the parse generates the correct report list (no errors) and you submit the reports, you are done.

If the parse comes up with errors/problems, then post the Tracking URL here and we will try to help identify what might need fixing.

All I can guess is that by "I'll let you know what happens next." you mean that you want to try your new method over time and see if it runs into any problems.

Archived