SquirrelMail Requesting SpamCop Authorizing Code

eclissesolare

hello,

in my options in SquirrelMail ask me to insert a SpamCop Authorizing code and after to clic save ID

Who can I see my SpamCop Authorizing code or what is it.

Thank you for your answers.

[Moderator Edit: This post was split from thread "Newbie - need help" because it deals with an entirely different matter. Originator advised via PM.

in my options in SquirrelMail ask me to insert a SpamCop Authorizing code and after to clic save ID

Who can I see my SpamCop Authorizing code or what is it.

34058[/snapback]

The only "Authorization" code I can think of was used during the "registration" for a SpamCop.net reporting account or this Forum (don't believe that this is involved in setting up a SpamCop Filtered E-mail account) ....

There is another code used later on .. if you do have a SpamCop.net reporting account, log into "your" www.spamcop.net web page .... it will be displayed as part of the "Forward your spam to:" line at about center screen. That string of numbers is "your" account ID ... not an Authorization code ...????

The only "Authorization" code I can think of was used during the "registration" for a SpamCop.net reporting account or this Forum (don't believe that this is involved in setting up a SpamCop Filtered E-mail account) ....

There is another code used later on .. if you do have a SpamCop.net reporting account, log into "your" www.spamcop.net web page .... it will be displayed as part of the "Forward your spam to:" line at about center screen.  That string of numbers is "your" account ID ... not an Authorization code ...????

34062[/snapback]

Thank you very mutch for your answer I have now open my account on the http://www.spamcop.net/ and insert my username and password, I can see what do write "Forward your spam to:" and beside this e-mail adress submit.****************[at]spam.spamcop.net

I have change the numbers with * . Is this my account ID?

:)

I can see what do write "Forward your spam to:" and beside this e-mail adress submit.****************[at]spam.spamcop.net

I have change the numbers with * . Is this my account ID?

34068[/snapback]

Yes it is your account ID but in what form SquirrelMail is looking for it is a good question. They may want the entire submit.****************[at]spam.spamcop.net part or only the **************** part. You may need their tech help or trial and error to determine which. They should modify their wording to indicate what they are looking for.

Yes it is your account ID but in what form SquirrelMail is looking for it is a good question.  They may want the entire submit.****************[at]spam.spamcop.net part or only the **************** part.  You may need their tech help or trial and error to determine which.  They should modify their wording to indicate what they are looking for.

34072[/snapback]

Now I write the code, only the numbers * from the e-mail adress in the request field in my side http://webmail.[domain.com]/src/webmail.php and the account now is Enabled . You can look a copy from the side here and you can see now it is all Enable. Befor I insert this code I don`t can Enabled SpamCop link is:

Options - spam reporting

SpamCop link is: Enabled(Disable it) Delete spam when reported:

(Only works with email-based reporting) Enabled(Disable it)

spam Reporting Method: Thorough email-based reporting Web-based form

Your SpamCop authorization code: ****************** ( Button ) SAVE ID

(see below)

About SpamCop

SpamCop is a free service that greatly assists in finding the true source of the spam and helps in letting the proper people know about the abuse.

To use it, you must get a SpamCop authorization code. There is a free sign up page so you can use SpamCop.

Before you sign up, be warned

Some users have reported that the email addresses used with SpamCop find their way onto spam lists. To be safe, you can just create an email forwarding account and have all SpamCop reports get sent to there. Also, if it gets flooded with spam, you can then just delete that account with no worries about losing your real email address. Just go create an email forwarder somewhere (Yahoo! has a list of places) so that messages from system administrators and what not can be sent to you.

Once you have signed up with SpamCop and have received your SpamCop authorization code, you need to enable this plugin by clicking the link above. Once enabled, you go about your normal life. If you encounter a spam message in your mailbox, just view it. On the right-hand side, near the top of where the message is displayed, you will see a link to report this message as spam. Clicking on it brings you to a confirmation page. Confirming that you want the spam report sent will do different things with different reporting methods.

Email-based reporting

Pressing the button forwards the message to the SpamCop service and will optionally delete the message. From there, you just need to go to your INBOX and quite soon a message should appear from SpamCop. (It gets sent to the account you registered with, so make sure that your mail forwarder works!) Open it up, click on the appropriate link at the top, and a new browser window will open.

Web-based reporting

When you press the button on the confirmation page, this will pop open a new browser window and the SpamCop service should appear inside. The message will not be deleted (working on that part), but you won't need to wait for a response email to start the spam reporting.

The SpamCop service will display information as it finds it, so scroll down until you see a form button. It might pause a little while it is looking up information, so be a little patient. Read what it says, and submit the spam. Close the browser window. Press Cancel or click on the appropriate mail folder to see messages and/or delete the spam.

SpamCop service type

Service type option allows selecting which SpamCop services you are using. Member services use different web reporting forms and does not display nags. You can purchase these services, if you want to support SpamCop.

More information

For more information about SpamCop, it's services, spam in general, and many related topics, try reading through SpamCop's Help and Feedback section.

Thank you very mutch for your nicely help

:):rolleyes:

Archived