Important info is missing from parser output

DavidT

When viewing the results of the parsing of a spam, although the parser displays the status of the source IP WRT multiple third-party BLs in the "Tracking message source" section, it doesn't show if the IP is currently listed in "bl.spamcop.net" or not. Nor does the parser provide a "History" link on the IP even if the IP is listed and has an active history of reports. I consider this missing information to be very significant and suggest that the system be modified to present us with the information with every parse.

I initially brought this to light in the Reporting forum: http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?...indpost&p=34780

In that Topic, Wazoo pointed out that adding the SCBL lookup to the parsing routine might add to server load (although perhaps the lookup is already happening in the background and the display portion of the parser simply isn't showing the results?).

If that's the case, then I propose a compromise position of adding only the SCBL status line, like this:

xx.xxx.xx.xxx listed in bl.spamcop.net (127.0.0.2)

with a "More Information.." link should we want to see the details, including a History.

The benefit of presenting users with that information *FAR* outweighs any issues with server load. I hope this can be implemented soon.

Thanks,

DT

Archived