[Resolved] MailwasherPro will not report

Hanzie

MailwasherPro won't submit spam to Spamcop

Sending spam submittals through MailwasherPro does not work anymore; sending them through my emailprogram works fine.

What is wrong? I get this message when I try to submit spam from Mailwasher Pro:

Global smtp server !

Spamcop reporting

The SMTP server can not or will not send message to <submit.myaccount[at]spam.spamcop.net>

However, if I use Forte Agent to report a spam email, the spam submittal process works fine. I have not changed anything in MailwasherPro. I did not install a new program. Checked my PC: no spyware.

Does anyone know what has gone wrong?

I'd agree with Merlyn that this would appear to be something you should look in Mailwasher forums for help with.

But there may be some other Mailwasher Pro users who can confirm whether they are also suffering as you are.

The fact that we aren't seeing other reports of this problem here would suggest that the issue may be peculair to your configuration.

I certainly hope you're able to narrow down the issue.

Andrew

Thank you, both, for your help! I did a clean install of MailwasherPro, however the error stays. For years I had no trouble at all sending reports via Mailwasher and I did not change my configuration. I will ask Firetrust for support.

I have the idea that there is something (wrong) with the smtp server of Tiscali?

Problem solved via a workaround (in Mailwasher)

Cause of the problem: a less tolerant smtp server (Tiscali !!) when an email address (spamcop email address) is a bit **unusual**

(and Tiscali worked on her smtp server since a week ....... )

In that case the smtp server refuses to send the email!

Maybe spamcop should change the format of the email address ???

And Tiscali should do something with her SMTP server..

So from what you say, it would appear that the Mailwasher/Tiscali is the culprit.

I'm pleased you've found a workaround.  Can this issue be marked resolved?

Andrew

39108[/snapback]

Yes, for me the issue is resolved :)

However, I would not say immediately that Mailwasher/Tiscali is the culprit.

When you agree that the Spamcop email address is a bit unusual Spamcop is the culprit too... (therefore problems with the smtp server ... )

Some I.P. keep themselves strict to the rules..

When you agree that the Spamcop email address is a bit unusual Spamcop is the culprit too... (therefore problems with the smtp server ... )

Some I.P. keep themselves strict to the rules..

39141[/snapback]

As stated here (or in your other Topic) there is nothing non-RFC compliant in the addresses used by the SpamCop Parsing & Reporting system.

Edited the Topic Title ....

Archived