[Resolved] Spoof Emails?

Barry BURBs

In firefox with that URL i get

Error - no ID found: z870912009zbf...1a637e3610bc12z

in msie I also get

Error - no ID found: z870912009zbf...1a637e3610bc12z

40198[/snapback]

As I just checked and it's "still live" ... based on your text, I'd say that you tried to copy/paste the Trackug URL, which is shortened up by this application ... there is no string of "......." in the actual URL .... if you don't want to click on the links showing, then try right-click / copy shortcut ... and use that to paste into your browser ....

As I just checked and it's "still live" ... based on your text, I'd say that you tried to copy/paste the Trackug URL, which is shortened up by this application ... there is no string of "......." in the actual URL .... if you don't want to click on the links showing, then try right-click / copy shortcut ... and use that to paste into your browser ....

40200[/snapback]

Ok sorry (i wnted to try it in firefox which isnt my default browser so copied n pasted it). Just tried again and had the report button, which I clicked (in msie) and it seemed to work although I got a different end screen...

"spam report id 1651012457 sent to: abuse[at]allstream.com

/dev/null'ing report for securitysupport#allstream.com[at]devnull.spamcop.net

spam report id 1651012466 sent to: spamcop[at]imaphost.com

Copyright © 1998-2005, IronPort Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. HTML4 / CSS2 Firefox recommended - Policies and Disclaimers "

usually I see a 'report more spam' box etc

Well done Barry!

... Farelf, I 'm wondering if there is anything in your config which might be similar to Barry?

Andrew

40189[/snapback]

Yes, must be, but I'm using Mozilla, I'm a mole but I got the same result whether logged in for reporting or not. Anyway, the point is moot. Barry has solved his problems, no similar problem with my own submissions, if I get any I will come back here and ponder. Something "unexpected" is happening somewhere but ... life's too short.

Will tag this as Resolved, as the starting poster's issue has been cleared up, but .... I'll admit to being a bit confused .... only thing I can come up with that would tie things together ....

spam was submitted while "not a Mole reporter" ...

Mole Reporting sertting was toggled.

spam data / parse was setring in the database waiting for "final action" ....

The "Mole Reporting" switch setting was taking both Barry and Farelf down the "Mole Reporting path" which apparently resulted in a "no where to send a report" .. which probably really wouldn't normally be the case (i.e. at least the standard statistical /dev/null address for even those statustcs) ... but it really couldn't actually do that because the database still held the "live" submittal that the non-Mole reporting folks were seeing.

If you read that as Wazoo doesn't have a clue .. you are reading it correctly.

Archived