Positini let it through --

mrmaxx

SpamCop used to offer to notify Postini if a spam got through their mail filters. My work now uses Postini for spam and virus filtering. Unfortunately, they won't let us control our own spam/virus settings (even us in the IT department!) so I have no way of locking down my own settings. I'd like to notify Postini that they are letting spam slip through, but I can't recall what the notification email address was... Does anyone have a valid notification address for Postini?

Thanks.

SpamCop used to offer to notify Postini if a spam got through their mail filters. My work now uses Postini for spam and virus filtering. Unfortunately, they won't let us control our own spam/virus settings (even us in the IT department!) so I have no way of locking down my own settings. I'd like to notify Postini that they are letting spam slip through, but I can't recall what the notification email address was... Does anyone have a valid notification address for Postini?

Thanks.

40722[/snapback]

I have used Postini for a few years now and have never seen SpamCop offer to send a report to them. Perhaps you are thinking about before mailhosts were around and they were seen as a relay?

When I submit messages to spamcop, I send the same attached message to spam[at]postini.com.

Also, the adjustment of settings must depend on your agreement with Postini as all my users can control their own Junk Mail Settings for the following categories as well as managing Approved and Blocked Senders:

• Bulk Email
  • Sexually Explicit Adjust overall protection against sexually-oriented messages
  • Get Rich Quick Adjust overall protection against money-making offers
  • Special Offers Adjust overall protection against too-good-to-be-true offers
  • Racially Insensitive Adjust overall protection against hate-oriented topics

I have used Postini for a few years now and have never seen SpamCop offer to send a report to them.  Perhaps you are thinking about before mailhosts were around and they were seen as a relay?

Quite possibly.

When I submit messages to spamcop, I send the same attached message to spam[at]postini.com.

Thanks. If that's the place to submit spam samples that slip through, then that's what I want. :-)

Also, the adjustment of settings must depend on your agreement with Postini as all my users can control their own Junk Mail Settings for the following categories as well as managing Approved and Blocked Senders:(snip)

No... it's not a Postini thing, it's a management thing. I know. My boss is the VP of IT and I've specifically asked and he's told me that he doesn't want the users to be able to change their own settings. We have one "Postini admin" and that's our unix admin. Don't ask me WHY the Unix admin, when I'm the email admin, but that's who was delegated to handle Postini.

No... it's not a Postini thing, it's a management thing. I know. My boss is the VP of IT and I've specifically asked and he's told me that he doesn't want the users to be able to change their own settings. We have one "Postini admin" and that's our unix admin. Don't ask me WHY the Unix admin, when I'm the email admin, but that's who was delegated to handle Postini.

40725[/snapback]

Dilbert?

Dilbert?

40726[/snapback]

Hmm... I don't think so. This guy actually has a clue. Maybe because he doesn't know me well enough yet. He's only been the boss for less than a year after our CIO left and he was promoted to VP. I think he may have worked with the Unix admin previously, and just knows him better. Or maybe I'm missing your point. :-)

Now, some of our other VPs and TLAs are definite PHBs. ;-)

Archived