Spam Reported Spamvertisement? Help

Kael

I'm hoping someone can help me understand the effect and process this may have.

Can a company be listed as a spammer with spam Cop if they had a banner advert. in a newsletter, which the newsletter was sent by a 3rd party, and the newsletter was caught as spam by spam Cop?

Question:

1. Can a company be listed as a spammer if they have a banner advert. in a newsletter sent by a 3rd party? The 3rd party IP would be tracked as the spamming IP, but would the advertiser be blocked by domain?

If this happened, how can one dispute the claim? For example, we had a deal with a 3rd party for banner advert. in their newsletter. Upon review of their subscriber permission process, it showed they were compliant with Can-spam provisions - explicity opt-in. The contract ended, and about a month later, the 3rd party sent a newsletter where for some reason, had our banner advertised within. This newsletter was caught as spam with spam Cop and we were told we were spamvertising. As we had no knowledge or had given permission to advertise after the agreement had ended, being the 3rd party was flagged as a spammer due to this, how can the proposed spamvertiser dispute this claim with spam Cop? Which reverts back to my original question - can a company be blocked/black listed by spam Cop by domain?

Please email me your replies. Thanks.

A spamvertised URL can be reported by SpamCop's Parser to the responsible ISP (at the discretion of the SpamCop Reporter), added to the statistics, and thereby fed to SC-SURBL, but SpamCop itself will not blacklist or blocklist that URL or its underlying IP Address. I'll send this info this time via email, but please be aware that the Web Forums are not designed around such use.

Thanks Greg.

I attempted to view if our domain or IP was listed on spam Cop as a result of this, but someone I can only view the most recent additions. Is there a means to view a historical view of blocked/black listed domains and/or IP's?

When you say spam Cop won't add the IP or URL to the SC-SURBL, then what is submitted to the SC-SURBL to block? Is it the ISP?

If this was the case, what is the best method to dispute the blacklisting with spam Cop?

Thanks Greg.

40757[/snapback]

Jeff.
I attempted to view if our domain or IP was listed on spam Cop as a result of this, but someone I can only view the most recent additions. Is there a means to view a historical view of blocked/black listed domains and/or IP's?

40757[/snapback]

The SCBL only lists IP Addresses, not domains. Listing history for IP Addresses is only available to SpamCop Deputies and SpamCop Admins.
When you say spam Cop won't add the IP or URL to the SC-SURBL, then what is submitted to the SC-SURBL to block? Is it the ISP?

40757[/snapback]

The URL is added to SC-SURBL via a mysterious process.
If this was the case, what is the best method to dispute the blacklisting with spam Cop?

40757[/snapback]

Write to the SpamCop Deputies via How To Get Official SpamCop.Net Customer Support.

Archived