ISP closed web account

kram

Hi there,

I am new here,

Until last week, my businesses had been running for two neat years, without there ever being one spam complaint.

Nice eh,

Then it happened.

First some blight seemed to buy a scammed list and send emails to thousands with my url on the backend of www.registerfly.com/(myurl)

The hosting Co warned me that I had spammed.

No way, it was a person seeking to sabotage my business. He was a hired Joe out to do us damage.

Worse still, the offensive url, was dead. The originating IP had nothing to do with mine.

We managed to save face here, and then agin, one week later, yep Friday, it happened again.

This time they placed my URL in the centre of the email, seemingly advertising it.

They sent it to the same list and my host server gave me the boot.

It is so obvious from the header, that we did not send it.

It was assumed that I had sent it.

What is to stop netcenter databases knocking us off everytime a competitor does this?

Is there any defence against this kind of sabotage?

Really dont know how I can stay on the net if people can play this game and the innocent party get sent for six.

Really Frustrated,

Kram

I am sorry for your predictament, but it is your host that you have the gripe with. All the spamvertized reports do is alert the host that a link has been fouind in a message reported as spam. It is up to the host to decide what to do about it.

I can also see their side of it, however with 2 different attacks in a short period of time. Where the messages came from is of little consequence these days because of all the open machines on the internet. Your host is assuming you are paying someone to send the spam with your site information, which may be a jump, but without a full investigation, is the simplest way to get rid of the problem.

You can go to another host and explain what you feel has been happening to yourself and find out if they are prepared to help you with it. Some hosts may, but I expect many will not. You may need to pay a premium for your web space, but that is part of the cost of doing business.

Hi there,

To the best of my knowledge, Spamcop had nothing to do with what happened, I just wanted some feed back and some help in facing the predicament of a deviant paying someone to sabotage my site and my reputation thru the use of spam.

Thanks for the suggestion,

Any more advice greatly appreciated,

Kram

Archived