Nonsensical words in email

newcybersol

Basically, attempting to make the spam not look like spam to various spam filters.

41872[/snapback]

Thank you Wazoo. I thought it was some sort of code words that they tied to my email address so that if I reported it they could trace it back to my email address!

Thank you Wazoo.  I thought it was some sort of code words that they tied to my email address so that if I reported it they could trace it back to my email address!

41887[/snapback]

Anything is possible, but there are much easier ways to do that.

Thank you Wazoo.  I thought it was some sort of code words that they tied to my email address so that if I reported it they could trace it back to my email address!

41887[/snapback]

Don't drop your paranoia level, as this is certainly possible. It's just these days, when these folks are cranking out tens of million e-mails a day, it's a bit hard to believe that they would actually spend the time tracking each and every one of them. Making each e-mail "specific" .. maintaining the database to keep track of it all, analyzing those logs against reports (that probably are never seen by the spammer) ... would also impact that "high speed delivery" process.

Don't drop your paranoia level, as this is certainly possible.  It's just these days, when these folks are cranking out tens of million e-mails a day, it's a bit hard to believe that they would actually spend the time tracking each and every one of them.  Making each e-mail "specific" .. maintaining the database to keep track of it all, analyzing those logs against reports (that probably are never seen by the spammer) ... would also impact that "high speed delivery" process.

41890[/snapback]

Good point, I thought maybe they used this not for one specific email but perhaps for aspecific "run" of emails. I keep getting this one type of "stock quote" email that I keep reporting but just keeps on coming! It is so frustrating.

<snip>

I keep getting this one type of "stock quote" email that I keep reporting but just keeps on coming!  It is so frustrating.

41893[/snapback]

...Please bear in mind that when you report spam, you are not reporting the spam CONTENT but, rather, the spam SOURCE (IP address).

Archived