Either all our spammers *stopped* or we are not receiving reports from spamcop

Moderator edit: The following may end up being a bit confusing, but .... poster apparently had tthe strange idea that "the more posts, the better" .... thus some replies were offered up from the objective of the Forum that some folks found the post in. All those multiple dicussions have been merged into this "one" .... the multiple "Topic Starting posts" have been reduced to just the one here ....

Hello SpamCop and Community,

We've recently undergone a serious problem with the "Ivo Ottavio Reali Camargo Pump and Dump spam zombie". This person or group scans networks for unused IP addresses and then uses those IP addresses to spam and then releases the IP addresses. This effectively either cause the blame to be put on innocent customers with IP's that are unused or firewalled.

We may have stopped this from happening by finding all the servers using this tactic.

SpamCop appears to no longer be reporting issues to us... We want to resume the reporting because it is extremely valuable to us in finding spammers and terminating them from our network. How can I contact spamcop and get them to resume spam reporting or at least confirm that spam reports will come to us for our IP addresses?

I don't know about SpamCop's reports, but I sent you a manual one at 22.28 UTC yesterday to abuse[at]hopone.net regarding ns1.ns-634534.com [66.148.67.11] which doesn't seem to have been acted upon** which may be significant, perhaps.....

**Looking up at the 2 swiss-invest.cn. parent servers:

------------Server----------------------Response

ns1.ns-634534.com [66.148.67.11] 66.177.73.86 69.183.158.77 72.226.241.64 74.134.175.89 82.45.104.221

Yes, it's the 'good' old swiss-invest criminal scammers and their associated criminal nameserver domain ns-634534.com, reported innumerable times to Joker.com - don't you just love 'em? (Waste of electrons.....)

hopone.net' post='43721' date='Jun 6 2006, 05:40 AM']How can I contact spamcop and get them to resume spam reporting or at least confirm that spam reports will come to us for our IP addresses?
Thanks for you efforts - sounds like success. Check your server addresses like:

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?track=209.160.44.125 - you will/should find the reporting address unchanged. Contact SpamCop via their webform if you have issues - ref: http://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/401.html

This person or group scans networks for unused IP addresses and then uses those IP addresses to spam and then releases the IP addresses. This effectively either cause the blame to be put on innocent customers with IP's that are unused or firewalled.

And how exactly does someone else use your IP addresses?

While you are here HopOne when are you getting rid of your spammers at 209.160.44.133

(SMTP - 25 220 ultradynamicspecs ESMTP Sendmail 8.13.6/8.13.4; Mon, 5 Jun 2006 15:33:05 -0700)

their Helo: HELO zwr.dynamiultraspecs.com (Which is: 209.160.41.53)

They are getting out of control. We were just thinking about blocking the entire 209.160.0.0 - 209.160.79.255 and forgetting about it.

After that the you should seriously start working on http://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/listings.lasso?isp=hopone.net

It is a pretty pathetic record.

We will never be rid of spam as long as ISP's like you keep allowing this. There is no excuse.

Also, be aware that if the spam hits only spam traps, there will be no reports (because spam traps don't send email).
Excellent point - http://www.spamcop.net/w3m?action=checkblo...=209.160.44.195 shows one listed IP address at this moment, with both spamtrap hits and member reports. You should have received reports for that one at least.

48 hours later still no response to my manual submission to abuse[at]hopone.net regarding the swiss-invest.cn scammers & spammers parent server IP of 66.148.67.11 which is still active and no response here either. Doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.... It all looks rather sus to me...

Archived