[Resolved] SpamCop rejects .EML attachments

I follow the instructions for reporting via email for Outlook Express 6, i.e. forwarding as an attachment to my assigned email address.

All such emails are returned to me with this error (submission address masked):

--------------------------------------------------

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its

recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

submit.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx[at]spam.spamcop.net

This message has been rejected because it has

a potentially executable attachment "{Spam_} spit.eml"

This form of attachment has been used by

recent viruses or other malware.

If you meant to send this file then please

package it up as a zip file and resend it.

--------------------------------------------------

If I have to go to properties, details, message source, select all, copy, paste into Notepad, compress as zip, and then attach to a new email, that's more work than using the web report form.

Is there an easier way to report by email?

--Cy--

I follow the instructions for reporting via email for Outlook Express 6, i.e. forwarding as an attachment to my assigned email address.

All such emails are returned to me with this error (submission address masked):

Question has to be asked ... returned by whom?

Your Subject title states the SpamCop.net rejected it, but you offer nothing to 'show' that as happening. More likely is that your ISP has some outgoing filters in place .. but, only conjecturing here ... all the needed details would be in the header of the 'rejection' to show where this message came from.

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

This doesn't have the 'ring' of the alleged SpamCop.net e-mail server rejection .....

This message has been rejected because it has

a potentially executable attachment "{Spam_} spit.eml"

and seeing as how the ".eml" attachment is a 'normal' file for a SpamCop.net submittal, this also has the 'ring' of the error message being developed elsewhere .....

If I have to go to properties, details, message source, select all, copy, paste into Notepad, compress as zip, and then attach to a new email, that's more work than using the web report form.

And yet, it is known that zipping up your submittal will not result in anything usable by the SpamCop.net parser .... another indication that the error message was developed elsewhere ....

It is expected of course that you have swept your system to ensure that it is 'clean' ....

Archived