[Resolved] Is whitelisting broken?

Hi everyone,

A message showed up a little while ago in my Held Mail. It's not spam, so in the Held Mail list I selected it and clicked on 'Release and Whitelist'. It disappeared from Held Mail...temporarily, as it turned out. I reported the other two messages that were in Held Mail and logged out of the Web mail interface.

When I looked in Thunderbird again a moment later, there was a message in Held Mail...and lo and behold, it was the message I'd released and whitelisted! I did release-and-whitelist three more times, and every time it showed up in Held Mail again.

I went into my whitelist under Options, thinking that perhaps the address wasn't added to my whitelist after all...but there it was. So it seems that the whitelist function isn't working correctly right now.

Can anyone shed any light?

Thanks,

Tim

How about possibly explaining the other side of the issue .. why is the e-mail in the Held folder to begin with? It may be that for some reason it's being tagged and moved before it gets to the point that a whitelist check would be performed.

How about possibly explaining the other side of the issue .. why is the e-mail in the Held folder to begin with? It may be that for some reason it's being tagged and moved before it gets to the point that a whitelist check would be performed.

The whole point of a whitelist function is to intercept mail from certain senders before it has a chance to get tagged and put in Held Mail. If that isn't how the whitelist works, then I don't see any point in even having it.

The whole point of a whitelist function is to intercept mail from certain senders before it has a chance to get tagged and put in Held Mail. If that isn't how the whitelist works, then I don't see any point in even having it.

Hmm, never mind.

It appears Thunderbird was the culprit. It thought the message was spam and was moving it into Held Mail for me. :-)

I know that it appears that you were unhappy with my reply and didn't really want to respond to that .. but thanks for the feedback and update.

Archived