Server timing out when reporting spam

Pablonicus

Hi,

Since Thursday morning (UK time), I have been unable to complete reporting any of the spams that I have forwarded to spamcop via email.

I go to the web page, I log in, and I see the notification that I have "Unreported spam saved". I click on the "report now" link, and...

[LONG PAUSE]

...quite a long time later I get the message:

"Connection Timed Out

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Description: Connection Timed Out "

By now, half the spams I've got queued up are too old to report anyway, so I'm tempted to try flushing the lot and see what happens next. But I thought I'd see if anyone has any ideas here, first...?

It's working fine for me. Unless a Deputy or Admin intervenes, when you get tired of waiting, please click "Remove all unreported spam" and try again. Thanks!

Well, what's happened is that as of 7:30 or so this morning, the first bit of spam in the queue was too old to report, so I got a red message about it and an invite to process the next piece... I churned through several more "too old"s, and then onto the "young enough" stuff, whic is getting processed just fine.

It seems that something in that first email made it just too difficult for SpamCop to analyse, in the time available before the server connection timed out on the transaction.

Someone in support might wanna look at that item and figure out why the analyser couldn't handle it... Do they look in here regularly, or should I email it in?

I find the reporting chronically slow for the past month. On a cable modem it takes 20 seconds for the held mail to show up and reporting it invariably times out after about 90 seconds, which then requires another 20 second wait to see the next 100 messages... MUCH TOO SLOW. I can't even clear the held mail quickly, so will stop reporting or even deleting mail until the problem resolves itself.

I find the reporting chronically slow for the past month. On a cable modem it takes 20 seconds for the held mail to show up and reporting it invariably times out after about 90 seconds, which then requires another 20 second wait to see the next 100 messages... MUCH TOO SLOW. I can't even clear the held mail quickly, so will stop reporting or even deleting mail until the problem resolves itself.

Please see "Jeff G.'s Guide to SpamCop Quick Reporting" at http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=88

Please see "Jeff G.'s Guide to SpamCop Quick Reporting" at http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=88

We've been this way before. See the topic, Checking Held Mail with email client?, where I tried to reach the IMAP folder but ran into problems. Of course, even if that were successful it would allow me to delete messages from the Held Mail folder but not report them as spam.

Archived