Whats Happening?

I have used spamcop for a coupkd of years forwarding all my e-mail to my spamcop accountg and its worked well. One or two spam messages get through but on the whole they are filtered out by Spamcop.

However for the last coupld of weeks I've been getting literally hundreds of Spams each day - this morning when I checked my e-mails I had 139!

The messages are just nonsense such as:

"LOOK OUT THERES THIEF ABOUT THREE

Womens you finishes place off podium place. Also Ben Paton finished th. Charlotte Dobson

Paton finished th. Charlotte Dobson best

leads Standards with wins Thomas Hewitt .s. Full results through title link // LARGS For duration Nationals shall Largs.

Website Visitor No Home Event Calendar Mart Results Ladders Training Technical Members Only Login: Password: Message Board Photo Gallery Advertise First Time Visitors new Latest News Items NATIONALS MONDAY With no racing possible on Sunday due lack of wind was greta"

and are from addresses like epvrlqgsn[at]driverschoiceinsurance.com

The subject heading is usually nomnsense too but non of it has anything in it taht I would imaging can be picked up by spam filters.

The mails are always addressed to xxx[at] my domain, never to my specific e-mail address.

I am useless at all this and dont understand how it all works, but any help with what I can do would be appreciated.

It sounds as if you might be talking about the use of a SpamCop.net e-mail account ..... yet you posted this into the Lounge area ...?????

Taking the wild leap of assumptions ..... check your whitelist and see if you have you/your domain whitelisted .. which would bypass any and all filtering ....

Data on Black/White-listing can be found via the SpamCop FAQ links at the top of this page.

Please also see How-to] Post a Question for the suggestions on providing a clueful Subject Line/Title, selecting the appropriate Forum section .. etc.

Apolgies - maybe I should have posted on the SpamCop Email System & Accounts forum.

I'm using a spamcop e-mail account and all of a sudden a LOT of spam is getting through. I checked out my whitelist but theres nothing in it.

As you may guess I'm very much a novice at all this. I'm just suddenly getting hundreds of spam emails through and I dont know what to do about it.

I'm using a spamcop e-mail account and all of a sudden a LOT of spam is getting through. I checked out my whitelist but theres nothing in it.

With this post, the Topic will be moved to the SpamCop.net E-Mail account section ....

Apolgies - maybe I should have posted on the SpamCop Email System & Accounts forum.

As you may guess I'm very much a novice at all this. I'm just suddenly getting hundreds of spam emails through and I dont know what to do about it.

Please report al least one of them and post the TrackingURL here and we can help you read the headers of the message as to why it made it through and perhaps suggest some modifications to your account filtering.

Archived